Saturday, April 9, 2016

Punch a Party

This was THE fastest card I think I've ever put together.  In preparing for Saturday's workshop, I had some strips of paper left with the balloons from It's My Party Designer Series Paper Stack and since I had been using the balloon punch from the Party Punch Pack, I decided I wanted to use the cupcake for this one.


Recipe:
Whisper White Thick Card Stock -  8 1/2" x 5 1/2", scored and folded at 4 1/4"
Designer Series Paper Strip  - whatever you have left over - this one is 5 1/2" x 1 1/2"
Melon Mambo, Crushed Curry and Mint Macaron cut with the smallest square from the Square Framelits Die
Party Punch Pack Cupcake  - punched first on Whisper White, then punched with 1" square punch evenly spaced around the cupcake.


I popped up the white piece with half of a Stampin' Dimensional on each corner.  Then blinged it up with a Rhinestone. 


 Now I know what to do with the rest of my strips of DSP that were left over!  Yayyyy!

Thank you for looking in today - time for me to head to bed to be refreshed for tomorrow's (today's) party!  That's not confusing, is it!   ~ Donna

2 comments:

  1. I love this! I have been wanting to see more cards using the cupcake punch and you did it! I love the strop with the balloons too. This came together so well! I really love it. So fun to punch them out of the white and pop them up on the colored squares. I have a new birthday card to make now. I had some strips left from the paper last year with candles on it or something birthday related. I knew I needed to get that punch pack! Of course the sentiment is just plain cute on there as well! Some of the simple ideas are the best!

    Chris R. from Iowa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chris! I was really happy with how it turned out and I have another idea I want to try next. Hopefully today and posting on Monday!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors