Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Hedgehogs Revisited

Just a quick reminder first... only today and tomorrow are left for you to earn two extra stamp sets of your choice for joining my team of Stampers! 

Do you have at least $125.00 on your wish list?  Wouldn't you love to have all of that (and more) for only $99.00 (plus tax) plus an additional two sets of stamps???  Who wouldn't!  No need to sell to anyone else, just enjoy the benefits of at least 20% off all your Stampin' Up! Supplies.  You can be a hobbyist or make a few extra dollars for extra supplies or for Christmas (that will be here before you know it!).

I'd love to have you on my team!  Now is the perfect time!  Contact me for a special surprise if you join up with me!


Now... back to our regularly scheduled blog post...


For our team meeting last night, I was asked to prepare a 3-minute demonstration of a technique or idea, so I decided to share the Liquid Mask technique I shared here a couple of months ago.  To see the details on the process see the original post HERE.  Just don't pay too much attention to the sad looking card there.  Ugh, it was really so plain.  

So the night before our meeting I stamped several hedgehogs for samples and made a finished hedgehog picture, minus the card you now see it attached to.  Heading out the door for work Tuesday morning, I grabbed a piece of Pacific Point card stock and a piece of Pacific Point "dots" from the Brights DSP stack, thinking I'll put something together at work before going to the meeting.



When I checked my emails, I spotted one of my favorite bloggers and stampers, LeeAnn Greff from Flowerbug's Inkspot and fell in love with the cards she displayed.  I just knew it would be perfect for my hedgehogs.  So here it is!  Thank you LeeAnn!

Card Base:  Pacific Point - 6" x 5 1/2", scored and folded at 4 1/4"
Designer Series Paper - 5 1/4" x 1 1/2"
Whisper White Inside - 5 1/4" x 4"

Since I already had the hedgehogs on a piece of watercolor cardstock of unknown size, I simply trimmed them down to just outside the inked area which ended up being 3 7/8" x 3" and then a Pacific Point mat of 4" x 3 1/8".   I simply made the mat 1/8" larger on two sides than the picture.  You could also do 1/4" bigger to match the matting size of the Whisper White inside.

Here's how it looks opened all the way.


Inside Sentiment


This is how it looks as it would stand in a display.  Because the front of the card is not as long as a normal front, this really won't be a good card for standing up on a table, but, if you turned it so the fold is on the side, it would stand nicely with the 1 1/2" edge to the front.  Of course you'd want to turn the hedgehogs, or whatever you use, sideways as well.


Thank you for looking in today and especially thank you to LeeAnn for her fabulous posting that was inspirational when I needed it most!  ~ Donna



Product List

2 comments:

  1. Well done! Not sure how you can explain something in 3 minutes but the end result is just perfect! I love the fold you used. The papers look great with your hedgehogs and their blue sky. So fun. Did everyone want to run out and get some of that liquid mask stuff?

    Chris R. from Iowa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, it usually takes more than the 3 minutes, but that's okay. It's a good idea. ha. ha. Actually, I had it done in different stages and "through the magic of television" was able to move quickly through the process. I had several positive comments and several of them wrote it down or took pictures of the bottle.

      It was a lot of fun!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors