Monday, June 13, 2016

Marquee Birthday

The Marquee Messages set is another that has so many possibilities.  For my first attempt I stamped the main image three times.  Once on Bermuda Bay, once on Daffodil Delight and once on Rose Red.

Then I cut out the Daffodil Delight and Rose Red pieces.  I placed a piece of Playful Palette Designer Series Paper Stack as a bit of a mat to help the colors to pop.


Being a Marquee, it absolutely needed to have some bling, so I used rhinestones from our Rhinestone Basics.  I don't mind using them because it really makes the card sparkle.  I don't think I would use them on every card like this, but when there's a special event or special birthday, out will come the bling!



I also added some sparkle to the "IT'S YOUR" in the middle with the Clear Wink of Stella.  Since the "Birthday" is on a darker color, I pulled out the Gold Wink of Stella and it seems to work very well there.

Measurements:
Designer Series Paper Stack - 5" x 3 1/2"
Bermuda Bay - 3 3/4" x 3 1/4"



Thank you for looking in today!  I'd love to hear from you, won't you take a moment to say hello?

Click on a Pic below to shop for everything I used here.  ~ Donna


  Product List

3 comments:

  1. Love the blinged up card! I have seen several versions and almost none of them added the rhinestones and to me the stamp screams bling either rhinestones or pearls to imitate the other kind of light bulbs. The Wink of Stella is just an added bonus I had not thought but looks really good. Love the bright colors and the DP is a perfect accompaniment! Love it. Who wouldn't want this stellar card, well maybe someone who is trying to avoid their birthday? Great job!

    Chris R. from Iowa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There would be no ignoring this card! Would be even more fun if it actually lit up!

      I do want to try one with pearls as well because they would look like those big bulbs you see on signs.

      Thank you Chris for commenting!

      Delete
  2. I agree about those big bulbs as I think the pearls would look like them too. Great minds think alike!

    Chris

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors