Monday, March 27, 2017

You're Egg-stra Special

I spotted this idea on Rachel Tessman's page and knew I wanted to try it.  This was so fast and easy with so many color possibilities.  I think next time I'll use less sponging size and darkness.  Make it softer.



This is your last week to get your hands on this fun "Inside the Lines" Designer Series People for free with your $50.00 purchase (before shipping and tax).  Orders must be place before 11:50 p.m. on March 31st (Utah Time).

To add a little extra to your purchase, any online orders that are placed this week between now and the end of Sale-a-Bration, I will send to you a surprise gift to say thank you.  Each $50.00 qualifying order will receive a gift.  $50.00 = one surprise; $100.00 = two (different) surprises.

Be sure though, when you order that you allow me to contact you.  See the sample below.  


So, then, on to the Recipe for this card:

Whisper White - 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", scored and folded at 4 1/4"
Card Stock (Flirty Flamingo and Blushing Bride used here) - 4" x 4"
Inside the Lines Designer Series Paper - 3 3/4" x 3 3/4"

Attach the DSP to the cardstock.  



Take your next to largest Stitched Shapes Circle (or another size of any of your circle dies that will work) and lay it on the Big Shot as shown below.  Run it through the Big Shot cutting through both layers.


Place this on your card front - do not attach with adhesive just yet.  Stamp the bunny from Basket Bunch onto the Whisper White.  Stamp the bunny again onto a post-it note - making sure to stamp the top of the bunny where it will have sticky post it behind it.  Fussy cut the bunny and place it over the stamped bunny.  Using your sponge daubers, gently tap your matching ink over the bunny.  Keep it light.

Tie a matching ribbon to the 4" x 4" square as shown below.  Then attach to the card front with your adhesive of choice.  I prefer to use our Liquid Multipurpose Tombo (Green Glue).


Stamp the inside with your favorite sentiment or critters from the Stamp Set and you're all done!

I think this is a little dark.  I prefer the Blushing Bride for softness.  I think Mint Macaron will look good as well, or any of the purples we have if kept light.



Thank you for looking in today.  Don't forget to place your online order before SAB is over so I can send you the appropriate thank you!

Happy Monday!

~ Donna


Product List

2 comments:

  1. Eggceptionally fun! I like how your sponging made it look egg shaped! I couldn't tell if the camera made it a little darker or not. I like that you fussy cut the rabbit - maybe you could have die cut a bunch out while you had Marie's set of framelits. I think this card would be fun in any pastel color including so saffron, wisteria wonder, sky blue, mint macaron, etc. I like the line of eggs on the front. The inside with the chocolate bunnies are just plain fun!With the "Thanks a bunch" you could have the chocolate bunnies inside as well or are there carrots in the stamp set too? That would be fun! Too bad SU didn't have washi tape with carrots on it!

    Chris R. from Iowa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chris! I thought about the carrots when I was taking the picture. I should have stamped a bunch of them there. That would be perfect.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors