Sunday, May 7, 2017

Pocket Card for Mother's Day

I spotted a blog hop with Pocket Cards and used the pattern that Connie Babbert made with Oh So Succulent and decided I'd give it a try with Delightful Daisy Designer Series Paper and the Daisy Delight Stamp Set and Punch.


The pocket was made using the Mini Treat Bag Thinlits.  I'm very glad this didn't retire because there is so much to be done using these dies.  The DSP is Delightful Daisy (available June 1st for customers).  I even used a scrap from the other side of the paper for a strip across the front of the bag as well as inside on the card (farther below).


The daisy is stamped onto Calypso Coral with Calypso Coral ink twice and punched out twice.  The center is from Gold Faceted Gems (available June 1st).

Inside is Calypso Coral 4 1/4" x 3 1/2" with a Whisper White piece cut at 4" x 3 1/4".  The sentiment is from Teeny Tiny Tags - another set that I'm so HAPPY to see stay in our collection!


I also added one of the smaller daisy stamps in the lower corner.


There's room for a small note and signature, or maybe a paw print if coming from a pet to their "mommy".

Thank you for looking in today.  Remember - Mother's Day is just one week away!

~ Donna

2 comments:

  1. I saw Connie's post too and liked her idea. Great job on your part and I love the colored daisy. I wasn't sure about those faceted gems when I saw them on someone's preorder but on here they look great! How thick are they? I like your Happy Mother's Day on the inside card. I really liked the paper you used too, so pretty and spring like. The daisy in the corner of the card is really a great and fun touch. Love it!

    Chris R. from Iowa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chris. I think the faceted gems are just a little taller than the pearls would be. I think they will mail okay with a piece of cardstock or postcard over them for protection.

      They look pretty and will be perfect centers for the Daisies.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors