Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Check This Out!

Check out this cool discovery I made!  The Coffee Break DSP (Designer Series Paper) works with one of the Coffee Cup Framelits!  Is that awesome?!

So, with that knowledge, I present to you today's card!


Coffee Cup Spinner Card:  
Pear Pizzazz - 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", scored and folded at 4 1/4"
Coffee Break DSP - 5 1/4" x 4"
Early Espresso - scallop circle


To make the "spinner" die cut two of the cups and using a piece of Metallic Thread.  I used Gold because that's what I had available, but you can use Silver, Copper or Gold.  I don't recommend the Black, unless your background is black.

Using double stick Tear and Tape or your Fast Fuse, place adhesive on the insides of both small cups, then place a piece of the Metallic Thread on one of the cups then line up the other cup over the first one.  Be sure to PULL THE THREAD TIGHT.

Die cut a circle big enough for your cup into the front of the card then take your cut DSP and place it on the outside (do not attach).  Carefully turn it over and trace where you will cut the same size hole in the DSP.

To make a scallop for the outside, I used Early Espresso and cut another circle the same size, then choosing a larger scallop, place it over the cut circle and cut out the scallop.  I used Layering Circles Framelits for all of the circles and scallops.

Now, taking your two cups place it over the circle on the FRONT of the card.  I used a strong tape to hold down the Metallic String so it would hold firm.  Again, be sure to PULL THE THREAD TIGHT.

Line up the DSP over the hole onto the Pear Pizzazz and adhere it down with your favorite adhesive.  If you don't already know, my favorite adhesive for holding paper together is our Tombo Multi-purpose Adhesive.


Now, because I believe in sharing my mistakes, so you don't do them too, here is what I did inside and I shouldn't have...  can you tell me why I shouldn't have?


Can you see it...?


I bet you see it now...  the inside stamp shows through the spinner hole!  Ugh!  SO, next time, and there will be a next time because this is too fun not to do again, I'll be sure not to stamp where you can see it through the hole in the card.


Thank you for looking in today!  Have a happy Tuesday!

~ Donna



4 comments:

  1. Oops! Oh well, the card will be open to spin so the stamped image shouldn't interfere. I have to admit I did the same thing not just once but twice when I was making the same card for two different people! I was so focused on doing it right on the second one and then something interrupted me. I had no idea that the little cup framelit would fit the cup on the paper. That is so fun. Of course I have not seen this whole suite up close and personal yet. But, I think that would come in handy esp for like a 3x3 card on a coffee themed gift. Fun card!

    Chris R. from Iowa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really excited about this card! I think it may be a project for this weekend's workshop. Shh... don't tell. LOL

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors