Sunday, June 4, 2017

Happy Birthday Hubby

Today is the hubby's birthday.  We both love old trucks and even though this is much older than the first one he had, I still made it the same color.  I wish I could tell you the color, but I've recently discovered Chameleon Pens.  There's not a lot of fading in this truck, but wait until you see it when I use them on some flowers.  Oh So Pretty!  I'm still hoping that someday Stampin' Up! will come back with some alcohol markers for blending, but for now, I'm in love with these.


Here's the recipe for the SU parts:
Very Vanilla - 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", scored and folded at 4 1/4"
Soft Suede - 5 1/4" x 4"
Very Vanilla - with the truck - 4 1/4" x 2 1/4"
Soft Suede - 4 3/8" x 2 3/8"
Very Vanilla - 4 1/2" x 2 1/2"

Stamps:  Country Livin'  and Happy Birthday Gorgeous
Ink:  Soft Suede


I used the watercolor pencils for the tires, lights, can on the side and the grass.


Thank you for looking in today!  We'll be off having his favorite breakfast at Ranch House Grille (which will qualify for lunch too!) and then to Outback Steakhouse for early dinner.  He loves their burgers.  I know, I know, it's a steakhouse, but he loves the burgers.  It is his birthday after all.  I love their wedge salad, so yummy with blue cheese and a balsamic reduction on a big wedge of a head of lettuce and of course steak!

Have a Blessed Sunday!

~ Donna

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a truck load of happiness for the day for your hubby. Wishing him a great day and a happy birthday. Love your coloring on the truck. I bet you smiled as you colored the truck in as it made me happy to see it. Great job as always!

    Chris R. from Iowa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He loved the truck! He also was thrilled with the Deep Fried Peanuts I bought him and new tie down straps for his truck. He'd seen the peanuts on a Facebook discussion and went on and on about it, so I found them and ordered them. I'll let you know how they are.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors