Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Quote By Kazoo

Ok, I have to start today's post with a little background information.   My latest obsession, which keeps me from adopting a houseful of kittens, is to watch Kitten Academy on YouTube.  I discovered them in April 2017 and was instantly hooked.  Kitten Academy is a Foster Home that takes in pregnant cats so they have a safe place to have and raise their kittens and new mom cats with their babies.  It is Kitten Academy - Where Kittens Learn to Cat.  I love that!

The kittens are raised with a lot of human contact, contact with other adult cats (the faculty) and even a big gorgeous dog (who is also part of the faculty).  They learn about loud real life noises like television / radio.  When they graduate (go to the vet for spay or neuter), they are then eligible to be adopted through On Angels Wings in Illinois.

So much more to say about them, but their website Kitten.Academy will tell and show you so much more.  Check out their pictures and faculty.

So, now, on to the reason for today's card.  One of the recent graduates, Kazoo, had a favorite place to sit while at the Kitten Academy and it was called "the Contemplation Station" (shown below with Kazoo contemplating).  His future fur-ever Dad was always doing fun things with this picture and this was a recent one.  



So of course, I asked Kazoo if I could quote him and he said YES!  SO, here is his card, with quote inside.  You probably knew this was going to be a Lemon Zest card!


Recipe:  

Daffodil Delight - 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", scored and folded at 4 1/4"
Old Olive - 5 3/8" x 4 1/8"
Whisper White - 5 1/8" x 3 7/8"

Stamps:  Lemon Zest

I stamped the slice in Daffodil Delight, stamped off once, then 2 or 3 times onto the Whisper White to make the background.

The full lemon is stamped with Crushed Curry onto Crushed Curry cardstock and the leaves Old Olive onto Old Olive cardstock, then punched out with the matching Lemon Punch.


I took Kazoo's quote and typed it up in a Word document, then just worked with the margins and spacing to get it where I wanted it.


Thank you for looking in today.  Be sure to check out Kitten Academy.  If you love cats and kittens, you'll fall in love too!

Happy Tuesday To You!

~ Donna




Product List

3 comments:

  1. Pretty funny! You did a great job on the card!

    Chris R. from Iowa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Chris. These little kitties are just so special!

    The cards were fun. I'm really enjoying the Lemon Zest stamps and punch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Joyce! It is nice of you to take the time to comment. Isn't that little Kazoo just the cutest? I'm actually in love with all the kitties there!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors