Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Bosses Day

So, this is what you do when you need to make a card and only have a little time to do it, but not enough time at home.  You grab what you want to use (hopefully you have an idea) paper, ink, stamps, and DSP, throw it into a shoebox and off to work you go.

Get there early enough, before the boss, of course and start cutting, inking and stamping!  Oh and FYI, I keep supplies at work (paper trimmer, snips, glue, dimensionals, etc.). You never know when you have to whip up a fast card.  I also have some old retired sets of stamps that are multi-use to cover any occasion.  Boy has that ever come in handy!

So, forgive the background behind the card, it's my work desk.


Recipe: 
Whisper White Thick Cardstock - 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", scored and folded at 4 1/4"
Coffee Break Designer Series Paper - 5 1/4" x 4
Whisper White for cup and sleeve (sentiment)
Ink:  Soft Suede, Garden Green and Chocolate Chip

Since I didn't take my dies or my Big Shot, so I simply fussy cut the cup and the coffee sleeve.

I masked around the coffee cup before fussy cutting it with Post It notes so that I could sponge the iced coffee inside (with Soft Suede).

Now, what we need is a permanent "Happy Bosses Day" stamp that can be used with any other stamp set. Since we don't have one... I just wrote it inside.  It works.


So I finished it up, put it on his keyboard and went about my day.  He was at meetings at our other facility, so I wasn't sure when he would be in his office.  Naturally he came in while I was down the hall in our little office kitchen.  Drats.  I wanted to hear him open it!  Oh well, he liked it and thanked me for it and has it sitting on his desk. 

Well, it's time to get to bed (Monday night).  I really need to be in bed sooner and get more sleep!

Happy Tuesday!

~ Donna


Product List

2 comments:

  1. Cool beans! I bet he loved it. You are spoiling him with all your creations. I assume he drinks ice coffee as I was thinking ice tea but I read the coffee sleeve then thought ice coffee. Then, again, I forget you are in Phoenix. We are having a pretty day and temps will get in the 70s so I guess I don't have an excuse for not putting a coat of primer on the front of the house. But, right now Teddy is behind on his walk and howling to high heaven that we need to get going. Honestly, is it a wonder I can get any cards made?

    Chris R. from Iowa

    P.S. I could just see you dragging the Big Shot to work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He drinks cold brew coffee, but now that I think about it, I don't know that I've seen ice in it since it is brewed cold. In Phoenix, we drink iced drinks year round! At 1:30 in the afternoon, it is 97 degrees and it's OCTOBER... You would think I'd be used to it by now. LOL

      Teddy sure keeps you on your toes! We know how that is for sure with all our furbabies!

      You know, I did have the old Sizzix Red Die thing here at the office at one time. We used to be avid scrapbookers for any occasion here. I still have that thing at home. I need to unload that baby!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors