Monday, October 9, 2017

Fall on the Outside...

... and Halloween on the Inside!

I had a couple of extra Seasonal Chums pumpkins and it popped into my head that I could make a spinning pumpkin with Fall on one side and Halloween on the other.  This is the same directions as used on the "Check This Out" post.  So I won't repeat the instructions, but if you get confused, just let me know and I'll help all I can.


Recipe:
Pumpkin Pie - 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", scored and folded at 4 1/4"
Spooky Night Designer Series Paper - 5 1/4" x 4"
Very Vanilla - 5 1/4" x 4"

Cut a circle in the front of your card and the DSP at the same time.  Then line up the Very Vanilla behind the front cover, make a light pencil mark and then cut the same circle in the Very Vanilla using the Layering Circles die of your choice.  I decided I wanted the Pumpkin Pie color to show through, or the spinning pumpkin seemed to disappear on the Vanilla.


Run a piece of Gold Metallic Thread between the front and back of your pumpkin using Tear and Tape for strong hold.

BEFORE YOU PLACE YOUR PUMPKIN... be sure you have the side facing forward that you want forward.

With the card open and the front of the card facing up, line up your pumpkin with thread in the center and I prefer to use scotch tape to hold the thread in place, so I can run my bone folder along the edge of the thread to be sure it's good and tight.  Pull the bottom so it is also tight with the pumpkin able to spin in the middle.


Place your DSP (Designer Series Paper) over the cover making sure the hole is lined up and your edges are straight.


Place your Very Vanilla inside also making sure it is lined up with the front.


To make your scallop, use the same size circle you used for the card and then find the size scallop you want around that and cut it out centering the circle inside.

I used the Mini Treat Bag Thinlits to cut out the Hello Fall from Merry Cafe.  Ink only the "Hello Fall" with markers or your ink pad.  Since the stamps are photopolymer, it is easy to see.


Thank you for looking in today.  It's MONDAY again...

~ Donna

I added Watercolor Pencils and Blender Pens to the list below even though I colored my pumpkins with old Blendabilities.  We have NEW Stampin' Blends coming soon.  Would you like to get your hands on the new Stampin' Blends?  Join my team and you can purchase them with your Starter Kit!  There is no release date for the public, so get them while you can before everyone else!




Product List

2 comments:

  1. This is fun with both looks! Love the polka dots.

    Can you believe there was Eggnog at the grocery store today and it isn't even Halloween yet. Mike was growly today so I got some to see if that helps. So far not so much but then again I don't know if he really heard me. I don't care for the stuff but he likes it.

    Chris R. from Iowa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chris - I like making this card now that I've got it in my head how to make it!

      Eggnog, I believe it. I think I even saw it a month ago, but I could be wrong. My youngest son (now 31) likes eggnog. I can handle a little of it, but its just so thick. LOL on Mike being "growly", mine is always "growly". Maybe add some extra flavor (booze) to calm the growly. ha ha.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors