Monday, November 6, 2017

Internet Functional Again!

Talk about a LONG  LONG day...  With our neighborhood power and cable issue yesterday I was so stir crazy waiting and waiting for the internet.  I have to say, it's a little troubling to be so dependent upon it.  Mostly because I had so many plans to work on the business end of Stampin' Up! that requires the internet.  Oh well, it gave me a chance to make some cards and honestly to just rest.


A group of us are getting together on Friday to work on our Christmas Cards, so I've been gathering pieces and parts to make assembly easy on Friday.  I'm really looking forward to being able to just craft with the girls.

So, here's today's cards.


Recipe:
Whisper White - 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", scored and folded at 4 1/4"
Soft Sky - 5" x 3 3/4"
Whisper White 3 3/4" wide - tear a strip to your desired depth of snow

Whisper White scraps for snowflakes from Seasonal Layers Thinlits
Whisper White for Seasonal Chums and cut with Seasonal Layers.


Run the Soft Sky cardstock through the Big Shot with the Softly Falling embossing folder.
Stamp sentiment on the Whisper White snow.  
Attach snowman or reindeer with Stampin' Dimensionals



I wish you could see the snowflakes better, they have some Wink of Stella on them and are just beautiful in real life.


Attach the Soft Sky layer with Stampin' Dimensionals as well. 


The really fun thing about coloring the snowmen, every one can be completely different.  The standard colors I used though was Smoky Slate Dark Stampin' Blends for the hat and Smoky Slate Light for the bunny.  Everything else was colored with a variety of Stampin' Write Markers.



Thank you for looking in today.  Tonight "might" be a late night as we're having several elections in our county tomorrow and normally that means late nights. This time we're doing "all mail" voting, so it may not be as late as usual.  If I don't post for tomorrow, you'll know I'm working.

Happy Monday!

~ Donna

2 comments:

  1. Cute cards. I plan on making some of these pretty much similar to yours once I get the stamp set which will be my next order. I have been cranking out the snowflakes though! I might have to add the Wink of Stella to my order too since I don't have that. I plan on making these cards for the kids in the hospitals. I wish I had seen the value of that stamp set earlier - I was so focused on tags using it and thought that wasn't a necessary set I needed to have. Now, I have seen so many fun ideas using this set. Have a great time making Christmas cards with your friends. That always makes the "chore" more fun! So glad you didn't have to be without power too long. The internet was an inconvenience, I know. Thinking of you tomorrow when I go vote!

    Chris R. from Iowa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, I missed this one, maybe busier than I thought! I love these snowflakes, but they do stick a bit in the die. I should have pulled out the waxed paper to help. I'll be making more, so I'll do that then.

      Election Day wasn't too bad, we had 27 jurisdictions that were all mail and I was able to leave at 7 p.m. SHOCK! I wish we could do our countywide elections all mail next year, but I don't see the legislature allowing that just yet.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors