Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Is It Really PSL Season?

The date was Saturday, November 4, 2017.  The place ... was Starbucks drive-thru.  The order was "Grande Pumpkin Spice Frappuccino please."

The response... oh, I'm sorry Pumpkin Spice season is over.  WHAT!???  What???  Hello, it's just barely November, and as I recall, November is FALL and Pumpkin Season!  What's this nonsense of no more Pumpkin Spice?

Well, what am I going to do with these cards I've made?     How about I tell you about them, just in case you want to pretend it's still Pumpkin Spice Latte Season.



Recipe:
Tangerine Tango - 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", scored and folded at 4 1/4"
Painted Autumn - Designer Series Paper (one side is little squares / other side is Pumpkins)
Very Vanilla - 3 1/2" x 1 3/4"
Very Vanilla - 5 1/4" x 4" (for inside card)
Soft Sky (for lid and wrap)


Stamps:  Merry Café
Ink:  Early Espresso, Cajun Craze, Pumpkin Pie

When attaching the Very Vanilla, I used Tear & Tape because it sticks better to the bumpy embossed petals.


Above:  Stamped the leaves outline with Pumpkin Pie, then stamped the inside with Pumpkin Pie stamped off once.

Below:  Stamped the leaves outline with Cajun Craze, then stamped the inside with Cajun Craze stamped off once.


Thank you for looking in today.  Guess I'm off to the store later for some Pumpkin Spice Coffee Creamer.  Saw plenty of that at the store before we went to Starbucks.  Should have bought some then!  Oh well.

Thank you for looking in.  Today is Election Day for several jurisdictional elections.  No idea how late I may be working, so if you don't see me tomorrow, you'll know why. 

~ Donna



Product List

2 comments:

  1. I would think pumpkin would be good at least up until Thanksgiving. But, what do I know. I just ordered this set at card club a couple of weeks ago, how funny. Oh well, I have some apple cider packs my MIL gave me so I will change it to reflect that. I thought my mail guy would like this as well as the substitute carrier-she loves Teddy. A friend of mine has a orange Jeep Renegade and I thought a pumpkin card would be so funny to tie on the handle and she loves coffee. We actually had frost today on the ground. So, hot beverages sound good. I did get some wonderful pumpkin spice tea last week. Anyway, cute cards!

    Chris R. from Iowa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pumpkin Spice tea sounds good! I'm with you, I would think that pumpkin spice would be at least through Thanksgiving. That is when you need it, with your Pumpkin Pie!

      Still in the 80's here, but in the 60's in the morning, which feels wonderful to me. Especially after running around the house to get ready to get going to work!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors