Friday, November 17, 2017

Life's Big Question

So, yesterday at the office apparently there was a run on birthdays.  Thankfully I had some cards to come to the rescue, but then I realized, I really need to increase my stock, so here's one I made to add to the others.

Do you love it when you can take a seasonal stamp and use it for something else altogether?  I sure do, so that's what I did here.  Mostly because I wanted to color this pretty dress again with my Stampin' Blends, but also so I could show you how easy it is to throw together two unrelated stamp sets and they work just like you hoped!


Recipe:
Whisper White Thick Cardstock - 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", scored and folded at 4 1/4"
Birthday Memories Designer Series Paper (DSP) - 5 1/4" x 4"  (plus a small package cut out from the back of the same sheet I used)
Whisper White - 3 1/2" x 2 1/2"
Early Espresso 3 3/4" x 2 3/4"
Whisper White - 3 3/4" x 1"
Early Espresso - 3 7/8" x 1 1/8"


Stamps:
Christmas in the Making
Five for All

Ink:  Tuxedo Black Memento
Stampin' Blends: Daffodil Delight (dark and Light), Bronze and Ivory


Add a Pearl over the holly leaves and berries, then cover the ornament with a small package cut out from Birthday Memories and you have yourself a Birthday Card!

Thank you for looking in today - Thank GOODNESS it's Friday!

~ Donna

Click any item below to go to my store:


Product List

2 comments:

  1. NOW this is fun and so well done! I had totally forgotten what she had in her hands let alone how her dress was decorated. You did an awesome job in making this into a birthday card. There wasn't enough room on her neck for a pearl necklace so why not on her dress! Love your coloring and that DSP for the background is perfect. All sort of retro looking and just plain cool! Love it!

    Chris R. from Iowa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen anyone do this yet, so hopefully it will be a big hit. She definitely need a pearl necklace, but her little neck is too tiny!

      Love the Retro Look, such an easier time.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors