Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Peppermint Hug in a Mug

Did you buy anything fun from the 24-hour sale??  While those deals are gone, there are still plenty more to be had during the week, so be sure to check them out and get them while you can.  Check the list here - Online Extravaganza.

Something I noticed was that the Watercolor Pencils are on the list, don't let those get away from you.  I know I'm planning to get another set before they are all gone!

Now, on to today's card:

As I sit here sipping my hot cocoa and posting this card, I think how perfect a nice cup of cocoa can be!  It's actually been too warm to even consider a hot drink around here, except in the morning and now, tonight there's a bit of cool coming through the window, under my desk and onto my legs!


Recipe:
Crumb Cake - 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", scored and folded at 4 1/4"
Real Red - 5 1/4" x 4"
Christmas Around the World Designer Series Paper - 5 1/8" x 3 7/8"
Real Red - 4 1/8" x 2 7/8"
Whisper White - 4" x 2 3/4" 

Stamps:  Hug in a Mug
Ink: Memento Black, Crumb Cake, Real Red, Early Espresso, Chocolate Chip


Tip:  When stamping the "whipped cream" on top of the coffee, I inked it with Crumb Cake and then stamped off once.  Since the stamps are Photopolymer - they are completely clear and so easy to line up the stamps perfectly.

The top two layers (Real Red and Whisper White) are popped up with Stampin' Dimensionals.


Thank you for looking in today!  This is my last day at the office until next Monday.  I love Thanksgiving week!  Taking an extra day on Wednesday to make pies and dessert for Turkey Day.  Yum!

Happy Tuesday!

~ Donna

2 comments:

  1. Oh so cute with the candy cane that goes so well with the background DSP. Great planning! The treatment with the whipped cream is great - I wouldn't have thought of using the Crumb Cake and then stamping off - really looks good. I would have probably used black for it as well as the rest. Love the crumb cake card base and using the Real Red with it. One of my favorite color combinations esp for Christmas.

    Chris R. from Iowa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chris. I think this set is a bit looked over in the catalog as I don't see tons of stuff using it. I admit, I didn't buy it as soon as I planned, but I'm glad I have it now!

      The color to the whip cream just seemed right. I didn't like it stamped in black and full strength was too much. Stamping off works for so many things. It's like getting an extra color for each color you have!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors