Saturday, December 30, 2017

December Paper Pumpkin

This will be the last Paper Pumpkin kit I'll be doing for a while.  We're working on doing some downsizing around the house and so I've put my Paper Pumpkin on hold for a while.  That doesn't mean you can't still join up and enjoy the fun.  I can enjoy them by seeing your projects!


These were really easy to put together and still have a nice look to them.  I changed up the ribbon a bit as it just seemed to be prettier scrunched up instead of laying somewhat flat.  The ribbon is very soft and fine, so it kind of has a mind of it's own, so I tamed it!  The kit comes with double coated tissue tape (basically the same as Tear and Tape).  I took a strip and layed it across the card and then put the ribbon down on one end then scrunched the ribbon up as I went along.


Don't cut the ribbon until you reach the end of your sticky tape and it comes out great.  This can be done with any ribbon.  I actually have done this before and had forgotten about it.  I may have to start doing it again.  I like the way it works.


If you would like to receive a monthly craft kit, try Paper Pumpkin.  You can cancel any time, or even suspend a month when you need to.  Sign up HERE and give it a try.   You can even sign up for a subscription for a friend, what a great gift!

Thank you for looking in today.  Happy New Year!

~ Donna

2 comments:

  1. I think it is just me but I didn't really like this months kit. I think it is the colors and I don't like the stripe piece. The white glimmer paper can be better used on little Santa hats. The leaves part is fine. I will just be looking for alternative ideas. I love the look of your ribbon and I used do it more but kinda forgot about it.

    I just don't know where to begin to declutter - I have so much of everything it seems.

    Chris R. from Iowa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the little card and colors better than the big one and I definitely like the way I did the ribbon. It just looks so much better to me.

      As far as decluttering for us, it's bring the recycle and trash cans to the carport door, open them up and throw everything possible in before I change my mind! LOL

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors