Saturday, February 3, 2018

Beautiful Day with Stampin' Blends

I'm really enjoying coloring again with our Stampin' Blends.  It is so nice to see the colors come to life on the paper and then change a bit as they dry.  It's just beautiful to me!


Recipe:
Cherry Cobbler - 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", scored and folded at 4 1/4"
Petal Passion Designer Series Paper - 5 1/4" x 4"
Vellum Cardstock - 5" x 3 3/4"

Stamp the flower from Beautiful Day with Memento Black onto Whisper White cardstock.  I used the Dark Cherry Cobbler Stampin' Blends inside each petal, towards the center of the flower and then using the light Cherry Cobbler, I colored over part of the Dark and then off to the rest of each petal.  Do only a couple of petals at a time for best blending.


Fussy cut the flower out and the bottom of it is glued to the Old Olive strip and the rest of the flower is popped up with dimensionals.

Remember vellum is unforgiving with adhesive, so be sure to put your adhesive (I use Tombo Liquid) and keep it in the white areas of the paper to keep it invisible where it will be visible.


I added bits of pearls to the center of the flower.

Oh, and the die cut amazing is a freebie from Sale-a-bration - don't miss it!

Thank you for looking in today.  Happy Saturday!

~ Donna


Product List

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous! I have not had much time to just color and play with the blends yet. I am thinking I need this set as it is perfect for coloring and trying them out. At the retreat I went to last Saturday they used the butterfly on the goody bag with some DSP and it was gorgeous. Cherry Cobbler and Old Olive is a favorite combo of mine. Well done!

    Chris R. from Iowa

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors