Monday, February 12, 2018

Spinner Coffee and Tutorial

On Saturday when we had Mary's workshop, we made the Birthday Spinner Cards (but apparently I called it a "slider" card in this post here) one of the girls suggested how cute it would be to make a card with a Coffee Theme.  So here is one I started with.  Watch for more!


Recipe:
Garden Green - 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", scored and folded at 4 1/4"
Designer Series Paper - 5 1/4" x 4"
Whisper White or Very Vanilla 5" x 3 3/4" (to give strength to the DSP) - adhere this to the back of the DSP.  

Place the two pieces into the Big Shot and using just one end of the Barn Door Slider Framelit, center just one of the slider cuts on the card and run through the Big Shot only until cut then reverse the plates back out to prevent a dent.  




You will need:
Two - #6 Washers - can be found at any hardware store
One - Mini Stampin' Dimensional
One (or two if you wish) strong cardstock circles - I used Watercolor Paper 3/4"


Adhere the washer to the 3/4" circle with glue dots.
Add a mini-dimensional (be sure all of these are carefully centered)



Place behind the slider opening:


Then attach the 2nd watercolor circle with glue dots.


To help the slider function to work smoothly, you will want to use our Foam Adhesive Strips.  This is how I put them on my cards to make them work nice and easy.


If you have any questions, please ask.  I think you'll enjoy making these cards and just think of all the possibilities!

Thank you for looking in today!

~ Donna

2 comments:

  1. Now this is fun! I noticed some people call them sliders and some call them spinners and I never knew if they were the same or not. Either way, I love this! If you frequented a restaurant or cafe and had the same server - wouldn't this be fun to give them a card like this with a tip inside?

    Chris R. from Iowa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the reason I called it a slider the first time was because I was using the "sliding door framelits" But my brain says spinner - because really, it SPINS. LOL

      Love your idea. We have a favorite breakfast restaurant that is always filling our coffee cups. It would be perfect for her!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors