Sunday, February 18, 2018

The Secret Behind the Thank You Panda

So, let's go back to the little thank you notes I teased you with on Thursday.  Linda, if you're reading this, stop and wait until you receive yours at lunch on Monday!  (ha ha)


Since we made spinning birthday cards at Mary's workshop, I wanted to incorporate that idea into their thank you notes, so here's what I did.

Real Red is cut at 2 3/4" x 2 3/4"
Die Cut Circle from Seasonal Layers (blurry picture below)



Place a mini-dimensional onto a #6 washer and place it under the red square through the circle.


Place another #6 washer on this side of the mini dimensional.


I used a 3/4" circle left over from the workshop project.  Mostly to make centering the large circle on the washer a bit easier.  Add a couple of mini-glue dots to the washer.




To make sure the Panda would spin easily, I added for small pieces of foam adhesive strips.


The Gold Faceted Gem is used to actually spin the bear - since it wasn't rolling back and forth, it needed a bit of a "handle".


Thank you for looking in today.  Have a Blessed Sunday!

~ Donna





2 comments:

  1. Oh how fun! I wondered about that gem thing but I am not smitten with them. But, it makes perfect sense to use as a "handle" or knob to spin it! So cute! So clever!

    Chris R. from Iowa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Chris! It works perfectly for a handle/knob. For mailing, not so much, I think. I've not mailed one yet, but I can see it being an issue going through the post office and not damaging the envelope.

      It was perfect for this though, that's for sure!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors