Thursday, March 1, 2018

Blossoming Basket Congratulations!

This week we say Congratulations and Happy Retirement to a sweet lady at our office.  Lorraine has been our Human Resources person for the last 15 years.  You couldn't ask for a nicer lady to work with in any office.  So easy-going and pleasant, even when things feel like they're spinning out of control!

While looking for ideas of something really nice to make with the Blossoming Basket, I spotted a card by Cindy Elam and decided to work with it, but switch it up a bit.  When I started, the basket was matted with Bermuda Bay, but I started out with too big of a piece of paper and then too big of a mat, so I had to trim it down.  You can see a little of the Bermuda Bay reflecting onto the weave.


Recipe:
Whisper White Thick cardstock - 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", scored and folded at 4 1/4"
Whisper White cardstock - 5 1/4" x 4 - embossed with the basket weave (FREE with Sale-a-bration)
Shimmery White - (3 1/4" x 3 1/4" would work better) 
Bermuda Bay (that isn't visible anymore) 3 3/8" x 3 3/8" would work (I think)


I stamped with Memento Black so I could color with Stampin' Blends.  I used Calypso Coral light and dark and Old Olive light.  The butterfly is stamped with Bermuda Bay and fussy cut with my paper snips.  I added a little Wink of Stella to bring out the glimmer of the Shimmery White paper.

Congratulations sentiment is from Petal Palette.


Thank you for looking in today!  Stamp Set and Embossing Folder - both FREE with $100 purchase during Sale-a-bration.

~ Donna

2 comments:

  1. I think I must have forgotten to hit the publish button. I remember saying how much I liked it and that I had not inked up my set yet. I did use the EF on an envelope flap. You are right, the mat barely shows.

    Chris R. from Iowa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I've done that, type up something really great and forget to hit publish or send. Argh!

      I like the idea of putting it on the flap. I'll have to do that!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors