Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Thanks a Bunch

First thanks goes to Shawn from Shawn Stamps.  I spotted his card and fell instantly in love with it.  He does a couple more things on his that I just couldn't get to cooperate, so mine will be a little different.  Perhaps trying when it isn't late at night I'll have better luck!

The reason for the card is to thank a dear friend for a really great birthday surprise that arrived in the mail today!  She doesn't look at my blog (as far as I can tell) so this won't be a spoiler for her!  

My Recipe:

  • Mint Macaron - 11" x 4 1/4", scored and folded at 5 1/2"
  • Whisper White - 4 7/8" x 3 5/8"
  • Mint Macaron - 4 3/4" x 3 1/2"
  • Whisper White (inside) - 5" x 3 3/4" (normally it would be 5 1/4" x 4" - but this was a scrap I had and it worked nicely)
  • Whisper White scrap - stamped and cut with Stitched Shapes Framelits Die - attach to a Pearlized Doily and pop up with Stampin' Dimensionals
  • Whisper White scrap - to stamp the top flower again, fussy cut and attached so it is off the circle a bit
  • Pearlized Doily



To stamp the flowers, ink them up with your Stampin' Write Markers.  Tranquil Tide for the stems and Blackberry Bliss for the flowers.  Remember to "huff" onto them before stamping for best results.  IF they don't stamp well (like mine didn't) use the writing tip of your pen to darken the lines.  It worked perfectly.

Color your flowers using a Blender Pen after scribbling some ink onto an acrylic block from your Stampin' Write Marker.  Use the blender pen to pick up some color.  Make upward strokes from the base of the flower into the center.  As the Blender Pen runs out of ink, you can keep using it to add a softer color.


Thank you for looking in today! It's Hump Day!  I still miss this commercial... (if you are reading this in an email, you may need to go to the blog to see the video).


~ Donna


2 comments:

  1. Oh I needed to see the camel commercial again, it just cracks me up! My Mike does a pretty good imitation of the camel's voice but he hasn't done it for awhile.

    Your card is beautiful! I don't always get good results with markers to stamp but usually can make them look pretty good. "Huffing" on the stamps always get a rise out of Teddy as he can't figure out what that noise is.

    Chris R. from Iowa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad someone else loves the camel. I wish it would come back. I just LOVE them. Mike will have to practice and bring it back.

      Coloring the stamps with markers has been hard for me too. I just don't get them to work like I would want them to. Thankfully I was able to fill them in with the pointy tip of the pen onto the paper.

      Maybe you could get Teddy to pant on them for you! LOL

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors