Friday, November 30, 2012

Painting With Bleach

Big Thanks to Frenchie for this fabulous idea!!  Check out her website for video details.

I really love this technique and I think you will too.  It's like painting with "magic".  

Stamp with Versamark on the Brushed Silver Card Stock, add Black Stampin' Emboss powder and set with the heat tool.  Carefully add some fresh bleach to an Aqua Painter that you've designated specifically bleach.  *A little tip I discovered while making this*  Be sure you have fresh bleach.  I had used bleach once before in my Aqua Painter and didn't think anything of it when I went to use it for the snowmen.  Well, apparently bleach loses it's bleaching ability, I'm assuming because the AP isn't completely airtight.  So, be sure to use fresh.


Carefully paint with the AP where you want to remove the silver from the card stock.  Let dry completely and thoroughly.  Want to know what happens if you don't wait???  Well, when you color in the bits you want to color, they will fade (the new bleach works well - ha ha) if the paper isn't completely dry.  When dry, use your Stampin' Write Markers to color in the scarf, hat, lights etc.  Use Bashful Blue to shade and give depth to the snowmen and the snowballs.

Recipe:

Stamps:  Frosty Friends (128117) Holiday Mini
Card Stock:  Whisper White, Pacific Point, Brushed Silver (100712)
Ink:  Versamark
Stampin' Write Markers:  Bashful Blue, Pumpkin Pie, Pacific Point, Real Red, Daffodil Delight, 
Extras:  Black Stampin' Emboss Powder (109133), Heat Tool (129053)

DID YOU KNOW... the new Heat Tool has TWO heat settings?  Low for drying ink; high for heat-setting powder.  Very cool - or is that HOT! 

Thank you for stopping by!  

Happy Stamping!

~Donna

OH... the BIG NEWS... Tomorrow (December 1st) I can sign up again with Stampin' Up!  I'll be joining Lorri Heiling's Team and I'm so excited to become a part of her group!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors