Remember the October Hostess Code for your
free Ribbon from me!
Use the October Hostess Code: UVPWXRM6
and place a minimum purchase of $50.00 (before tax and shipping) to receive a spool of Real Red 1/8" Solid Ribbon from me! This offer is only available from me when you purchase from my store. Your ribbon will be sent separately directly from me.
Coloring is so relaxing and now with our new Stampin' Blends, it is smooth and easy to do with excellent results.
One of my favorite stamp sets for coloring is Remarkable You. Nice big areas to color and plenty of room to blend easily.
I've found the best way to have the colors blend best is to color the petals with the brush end of the light pen. The pens come in a light and dark for each shade available.
Color just two or three petals at a time, it seems to blend better this way. Next using fine point end of the dark pen of the same color the areas where you want it to look darker or shaded. Then switch back to your light color fine point and color over the dark and light together to make the colors blend and lighten a bit. Finally, I took the brush end and colored easily over the whole area one last time
For the leaves, I simply darkened where the shadow lines are and blended them the same way as above.
Calypso Coral - 8 1/2" x 5 1/2"
Painted Autumn DSP - 5 1/4" x 4"
Whisper White - 4 1/2" x 3 1/4"
Basic Black - 4 5/8" x 3 3/8"
Stamp the flower and leaves with Memento Black. There are two ways to do this.
1) stamp the leaves on the 4 1/2" x 3 1/4" whisper white piece, color and set aside
2) stamp the flower on a scrap of whisper white, color, fussy cut and place over the leaves
the other way is:
1) stamp the flower onto the 4 1/2" x 3 1/4" whisper white piece and then again with what is still left on the stamp onto a post it note being sure to stamp towards the top of the post it so the sticky is behind part of the flower.
2) fussy cut the post it note flower and place it over the flower on the whisper white piece of cardstock.
3) stamp the leaves over the post it note where you want them "behind" the flower.
4) remove the post it and do your coloring.