Sunday, March 30, 2014

Easter Bunny Mini-Cup Treat Holder

I'm so excited to share today's project with you!  Remember the great little Mini-Cups I showed you from our Holiday Extravaganza here?  Well I created this great little Easter Bunny Mini-Cup on Saturday and I have to say I think it turned out really well. 


I started with Soft Sky card stock for the base color, but discovered it was just too hard to work with, so I found the closest DSP to a light blue (that I had on hand) to cover the cup.  This actually looks much darker in the picture than it really is.  You can find the template for covering the cup here provided by Deb Valder.  

For making the grass around the bottom of the cup, use the template but only use about the bottom inch.  It doesn't have to be even at the top as you will be trimming it down anyway to make the blades of grass.  The grass around the top lid is 7 1/8" long and about 3/4" tall.

I used the Fringe Scissors (133325) from the Occasions Catalog.  Don't cut with the tips of the scissors, cut with about half-way into the scissors for a clean, crisp cut.  To make the points on the grass, use the Fringe Scissors again at an angle, or use your paper snips to trim them up.


The clouds were made by running my Whisper White card stock through the Decorative Dots Embossing Folder - FREE until Monday with your Sale-a-Bration purchase!  Then punched the cloud using the Cupcake Builder Punch (121807).  I punched two of them and trimmed one along the bottom to make it smaller.




To make the Bunny Ears, use the Elegant Butterfly Punch (127526) and punch as shown below.  Then trim according to my sample a little farther down.



Be sure to sponge the edges with a soft pink.  I used Pink Pirouette.`


The cups and lids are from www.webstaurantstore.com and are super affordable!  The cups are the 4 oz. Paper Hot Cup - order number 9994W.  The lids are sold separately - order number 999L4W.

Thank you for looking in today.  Let me know if I can help you with any thing on your order.

~ Donna

1 comment:

  1. Wow, der Hase ist ja genial! EINFACH TOLL!

    Liebe Grüße, katrin

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors