Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Reduced ... Card in a Box

These little Card in a Box cards are so much fun to put together!  This one is a little smaller version measuring 4" x 4" closed.

Measurements are shown below with instructions.







The measurements for the decorative panels are as follows.  For the small square areas, I used a piece of 1 7/8" x 1 7/8" piece of DSP.  On the bottom I used the candles since they all face the same way (standing up).  On the inside flaps, I used the numbers from the same DSP.  They turn all directions, so there's no right or wrong way to put them on.  This way it won't look like you put the papers on upside down, depending on what you use.  For this box I used Raspberry Ripple card stock and Birthday Basics DSP (130145).

The measurements for the long piece is 3 7/8" x 1 7/8" (DSP) and 3 3/4" x 1 3/4" for the card stock.  I used Summer Starfruit here.  The back panel is for writing your greeting to your card recipient.  Be sure to stamp anything you want on there before attaching to the box.




(Forgive the color change here - I forgot to take pictures of the small box insides.  The concept is the same!)

Use the Multi-purpose Liquid glue for best results.  This will assure your card will always stay together.





Be sure to check your spacing when placing your candles or flowers or whatever you are putting inside.  They all need to fit inside so they will go into an envelope.  No peeking!



When I send these, I fold them as shown below to be prettier inside the envelope.  If you want your box to be a surprise, then fold up all the flaps before placing it in the envelope.


Thank you for looking in today.  I hope I've inspired you to make some of these for special birthday ahead.  Anything you need to purchase to make this card is shown below.  Just click on any item to take you to my store.

~ Donna



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors