Sunday, September 4, 2011

It's A Boy!

Ok, don't panic, sadly, no babies in this family anytime soon, but a friend of mine is going to be a Grandma to her 2nd baby boy.  Today was the baby shower but I was unable to attend, even though I worked so hard on the card last night.  Grrrr... Guess I'll be mailing it.

I received one like this at the Henderson Regional last weekend and fell in love with it.  I wish I could give credit to who made it, but my copy of the card is at the office and I'm not even sure there was a name on the back.  I'll look on Tuesday when I am back at work.  If you're ever in swaps, be sure you put your name and the card recipe on the back, it makes it so much nicer and the only way you can get credit for what you've created.

Originally I started with Bashful Blue, but when I stamped the sentiment, it was too light, so I switched to Tempting Turquoise.  I also learned after a couple of attempts that you should punch the corners first, then run it through the embossing folder, otherwise, it will tear when punched.  I also started out using the Square Lattice, but it just didn't suit me, so used Perfect Polka Dots (117335)

Cardstock:  Tempting Tuquoise and Whisper White.
Stamps:  A Word For You (117032 - w / 120528 - c)
Punches:  Word Window (119857), 3/4" Circle (119873), 1/2" Circle (119869), 1 1/2" Circle and a 1 3/8" Circle (119860), Scallop Trim Corner (118870) and Scallop Trim Border (118402)
Ribbon:  1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon - Tempting Turquoise (124323).

This was such a fun and easy card - assuming you have the punches I suppose, but I do love punches and all the cute things that can be made with them.

Happy Sunday - Happy Crafting!

~ Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors