Sunday, September 11, 2011

Never Forget - 9-11-11

With today being the 10th Anniversary of 9/11 it only goes to reason that my card today will be a Patriotic Card. 

A friend of mine enjoys sending letters to our Soldiers serving far from home, as do I, so what a perfect time to begin again, only this time I'm making cards to send and I'm really excited about that. 

So, with that said, here's the card I just made and I'm planning to make several others for us to send our letters in. 


Stamp:  Land of the Free (Summer Mini - retired)
Cardstock:  Real Red, Night of Navy and Whisper White
Ink:  Real Red and Night of Navy
Embossing Folder:  Snow Burst (124096) -
they look enough like stars to me to be perfect!

The star punch is not SU.  There is an SU star punch that I think is too small and the other SU star punch is retired and too big.

I inked the stamp with the ink pads.  It was very easy to line up the pad to the stamp without overstamping onto an area that I didn't want to.  I realize this is a retired set, but it's the only patriotic stamp I currently have.  Looks like I need to do some shopping from SU and get the sets on page 50 of the catalog.  Courage - 115330 (wood only), Service & Sacrifice - 115992 (wood only) and Hero - 116229 (Jumbo Wheel).

So, take a minute today to say a prayer for all of our Military and Service Personnel that keep us safe and put their lives on the line every day.

God Bless Us All!

~ Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors