Friday, November 13, 2015

Delicate Ornament Christmas

I spotted this beauty on Kay Kalthoff's blog and fell instantly in love with it!  So on Wednesday (which was the Veteran's Day Holiday from my "day" job) I spent the day with friends making Christmas Cards where I made several varieties of this one.

Thank you Kay!  I love this idea!



Recipe:  
Base: 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", scored at 4 1/4"  (I used Real Red for some and Basic Black for others)
Softly Falling Embossed layer:  Shimmery White:  5 1/4" x 4"
Mat (red or black): 4 1/4" x 2 3/4"
Ornament Layer:  Shimmery White :  4" x 2 1/2"
Layer beneath the ornament:  2 1/2" x 2 1/4"

Stamp the sentiment you wish to use first along the bottom of the ornament layer.  I used one from Reason for the Season (139730) which bundles with the Festive Flower Builder Punch (140847 - bundle).


  
Then carefully using the small delicate ornament place it centered and above the sentiment, leaving room to tie a ribbon around the top.  If there isn't enough room to tie a ribbon around the top of the card, then simply tie a pretty bow and attach it to the top of the ornament.



To get the design to go inside your ornament, simply take the ornament that was cut from the Shimmery White (or if you wish another color such as gold foil, silver foil, red foil, etc.) and trim it as shown in the picture below.  Simply snip off the top and the bottom.


As you can see, I left one of them whole here and it looks awesome too!


Below are more samples to see.  I only wish you could see how beautiful as the Shimmery White paper looks.  If you haven't ever used it, I highly recommend it.  It is gorgeous!





If you are a subscriber to my blog, most likely you receive my blog posts in your email.  If so, you may not be seeing everything that is available.  The other day I posted a YouTube video from Stampin' Up! and when the email came to me (yes, I subscribe to my posts at a different email address, so I can see how they look to you.)  There was no video in the email, but it was on the blog.

To see the full blog post, simply click on the Title at the top of the email and you should be sent to the blogspot page.  Then you should be able to see any videos posted as well as the supply list I often place at the bottom.  Give it a try!

Thank you so much for being a loyal reader and customer!  I'm so happy to have you take the time to check in.

~Happy Friday!

Donna

Click below for Stampin' Supplies.



Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors