Friday, September 16, 2016

Halloween Night DSP

Before I begin with today's cards, I want to take a minute to share some sad news from Arizona.  On Thursday, September 15, 2016, Arizona's first female Secretary of State (1977 to 1988) and then first female Governor (1988-1991), Rose Mofford, passed away.  She was a calming force at a time when Arizona needed it most.  She will be missed.  

This was one of my favorite photo's of her.   Rest in Peace.

**************************
Today's card is CASE'd from Angie Juda.  From time to time she sends out some great instructions for making a fun card.  Thanks Angie!  I love your ideas.

This first card I cased pretty much as she did it, although there are a couple of measurement changes because I wanted to change the picture size with the house.  Mine is a little less horizontally because there was part of a tree hanging over that looked odd.

Recipe:
Pumpkin Pie - 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", scored and folded at 4 1/4"
Basic Black - 5 1/4" x 2 3/4" and 4" x 2"and 3 1/2" x 2 3/4"
Striped Halloween Night DSP - 5" x 2 1/2"
Grid Halloween Night DSP - 3 3/4" x 1 1/4"
Haunted House Halloween Night DSP - 3 1/4" x 2" and 3 1/4" x 1/2" (brick side)

Stamp sentiment from Glamper Greetings across the brick DSP
Attach DSP pieces to their coordinating Basic Black Layers
Add White Perfect Accents as desired.



So for my 2nd card, I turned the card up portrait style and I flipped the striped DSP over to show the cute bats instead.



Here they are together.  Easy to do and very little stamping!

Don't forget to place a  piece of Whisper White inside for writing.  Standard inside size is 5 1/4" x 4"


Thank you for looking in today!  Happy Friday!  ~ Donna


Product List

2 comments:

  1. Fun cards. Not sure which one I prefer. I just love lots of layers. That one DP makes it easy to make the scene so you don't have to stamp it all.

    When I saw Gov Mofford's photo I thought to myself - is Donna related to her? But, I understand. I remember a little bit about her and that she was good for the state at the time. We lived in Texas at that time.

    Chris R. from Iowa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like layers too. I think that's why I like Brian King's cards so much they are clean and have great layers.

    Not related, but I wouldn't have minded being related to her. She and my Mother were friends and about the same age, except that Mom passed away in 1992. She would have been 92 this year, so Gov. Mofford was 2 years older than my Mom.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors