Thursday, June 8, 2017

Life in the Heartland

As soon as I spotted this stamp set in the new 2017-2018 Annual Catalog, I knew immediately that I needed it and I needed it for two specific people.  Wednesday my stamps arrived from my first full order from June 1st and this was the first thing I made.


My former boss, Karen, retired (and deserted me at the office! I miss her like crazy!) at the end of 2016 and has moved to a little town in Arkansas.  She still has family here, so comes back often and visits.  So this stamp set, Heartland, is just perfect.


Recipe:
Dapper Denim - 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", scored and folded at 4 1/4"
Color Therapy Designer Series Paper Stack - 5 1/4" x 4"
Whisper White inside - 5 1/4" x 4"
3/8" Classic Weave Ribbon - Whisper White
Layering Circles Framelits
Stitched Shapes Framelits


This little guy can easily be colored with our watercolor pencils or using ink squeezed into the top of your stamp pad.  However, I've just discovered Chameleon Pens!  I love our Blendabilities so much and when we lost them, I looked for something to use.  My hubby actually spotted these (can you believe it?) and now I'm collecting and using them.  They are so much fun!


Here's every stamp that is in this set.  Isn't it just a great little set?

Heartland - Wood Mount - 143889 - $23.00
Clear Mount - 143982 - $17.00

Thank you for looking in today.  Has your first order arrived or are you still making your wish list?  My wishlist is still pretty long!

Happy Thursday!
~ Donna

To shop for any of the items used here, simply click on any item below:


Product List

4 comments:

  1. All it needs is a pig or a dog with the geese. Sweet card. I just checked out the site for those Chameleon Pens and wow they look not only fun but fantastic! I love how you can shade with them since I am not the best at shading but like to try. Besides it is always fun to play with new stuff. I bought some other watercolor pencils a few weeks ago with my coupon at Barnes and Nobles just because I wanted to play with them. Your friend will love this card. The shading and coloring is so pretty and his hair and overalls especially!

    What new sets and other stuff did you get?

    Chris R. from Iowa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just got a gift card for B&N, I didn't know you could get watercolor pencils there! I may have to go look what I can get into!

      I also got the Piggies (can't wait to play with them tonight) and the Coffee Café bundle, oh and Five for All. There are some great (funny) sentiments. Of course I ordered some ribbon and more DSP. I'm torn between what I'll play with tonight. I'll figure it out though~

      Delete
  2. B&N, at least the ones I have been too have them in two spots - one by their adult color books and then again in the specialty section with stationary, cards, and fancy ink pens. They had both water color pencils and regular colored pencils as well as chalks and markers. They have some metallic pencils too but they are not watercolor. I might have to get them some time with my coupons. You just never know when you need to make a silver hub cap or something! For awhile they also had some stickers that were really cool. I bought some old fashioned Santas that were skinny looking but oh so elaboratedly dressed and colored. They were dimensional as they put like 4 together and also had gold ink for highlights. I bought 3 sets of them as that was all they had. They were just so pretty. Sometimes you just need to look at the section sort of by the cashier for all kinds of fun little things like that as well as little boxes of Godiva chocolate and pop up cards. They also sell teas and coffee as well as mugs and such - again you gotta kind of look for them but usually be the cafe part or the check out area. I love that store. At the Iowa City/Coralville store they even have a happy hour which is from 3-5:00 with discounted specialty coffees like cappuccino and iced coffee and tea drinks. I was waiting for Mike to get done at the VA for an appt. and I just holed up in there sipping my ice tea and reading my book. At least I paid for my book - some people sit and read and then put it on the shelf. They also have ice water in a little pitcher I had never noticed so I refilled my glass with ice water for the ride home!

    I love the coffee bundle too. I will have to look up the Five for All set, I do not remember it. I bought shares of the ribbons and DSP as it is so hard to tell from the catalog.

    Chris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Iowa City! I was going to ask if you've been to the Field of Dreams movie location, but after looking it up, it's about the same distance the other way from Iowa City as you are from Iowa City. I love that movie!

      Going into the store at B&N can be so dangerous, but so much fun. I've always wanted to sit and read there, but the one we frequent usually has students overtaking the place.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors