Friday, November 4, 2011

Beautiful Season

So sorry I've been MIA this week.  On Sunday as I was preparing for my Birthday Calendar Class I managed to trip over something and did a faceplant into a very solid wood desk.  Thankfully, I think my glasses saved my eye from any long term damage.  I do look like I've been in a bad fight however.  Why is it that bruises look worse as they should be getting better?  My eye was swollen shut for a full two days and then slowly started to peek through on Tuesday night.

Now that I can see again, I did some creating yesterday evening and this morning and I wanted to share as soon as I could.

If you haven't looked closely at the Flirtatious Specialty Designer Series Paper, you might want to.  Two of the sheets inside are beautiful laser cut doily designs.  You'll notice they are Pumpkin Pie and Melon Mambo, but on the back, they are Whisper White and when cut apart with your Snips or Craft Knife, they make beautiful snowflakes!  Each sheet has 16 "snowflakes" which gives you 32 total to use as a beautiful focal point on your Christmas Cards.

I saw this card design on Sarah's Ink Spot and changed it up a bit with the stamps and embossing folders I have available.  See what you think.


Recipe: 
Cardstock - Real Red and Whisper White
DSP - Flirtatious
Stamp Set - Beautiful Season (w-122680 / c-122682)
Ink:  Garden Green (for sentiment) and Staz-On Black
Stampin' Pastels (for coloring)

Cool Tools:  
Embossing Folder - Snow Burst (124096)
Decorative Label Punch (120907)

I'm really happy with how it turned out and I'm off to go make some more!  Have a great day!

~ Donna

3 comments:

  1. Very pretty card! Sorry to hear of your mishap, hope things look better by now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary - thank you! It's getting better, although it usually looks worse before improving.

    Back to work tomorrow, so I guess everyone will just have to put up with how I look. :)

    Brittney - Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors