Sunday, February 12, 2012

Today's card is a simple card I cased from Mary Fish.  I just love the quick and easy cards for when I want something nice without taking a lot of time.  I made a few changes since I didn't have the Jolly Bingo Bits set, so instead I used the taller birthday gift from Every Little Bit (w - 117096 / c - 120558) in the Idea Book and Catalog.  For the "happy birthday" at the bottom, I used On Your Birthday (wood only - 111664) and inked just the "happy birthday" part of the stamp with my Stampin' Write marker.

Since this gift package is taller than the one in Jolly Bingo Bits, I needed a bigger square punch so the image is punched with the 1 3/8" square punch (119877) and then cut my Pacific Point squares on my paper cutter at 1 5/8" square.  I tried 1 1/2" square but it needed just a bit more color so I made it bigger.

The embossed lines around the edge were made using the Simply Scored - 122334 - (Love, love, love this tool!) at 1/4" and 3/8" in from the edges.  Remember to turn it over so you score the fold line on one side and the embossing lines on the other - depending on the look you want to have.

Ink and stamp the "happy birthday" first so you don't run into an uneven stamp with the squares. The stamped image is raised with dimensionals and then Tombo adhesive onto the card. 

This particular card is for an older gentleman friend of ours, so there's no bling - but for the others I plan to add some jewels to the "bow".

Paper is Whisper White and Pacific Point, as is the ink.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors