Saturday, October 4, 2014

Curvy Keepsake Santa

I planned on posting this one yesterday, but after making that cute Stampin Campin trailer the other day, I had to post it first! 

My Santa was intended to be first so I could show you how to get the most out of your cardstock when  using this die.

Start with a piece of card stock 8 1/2" x 6" (instead of your usual card size of 5 1/2".  See picture below for how to place your framelit (you'll need to cut twice).  Place your first one on the paper as close to the edges as possible and run it through your Big Shot.  Pop out your card stock and turn your framelit around to fit the other end.  Remembering that the edge of your framelit isn't exactly where the cut will be, so you can lap over just a hair or two.


Glue the two pieces together as shown.  I recommend using either our Tombo glue (see the bottle in the picture) or using two sided tape.  You don't want this beauty coming apart during the off season!
 

Using your bone folder, gently pull it over the pieces to give them a little curl.  Remember the curling ribbon we all used growing up to make pretty packages, it's the same concept.  Easy Peasy! 
 
 
Here are the pieces you will need to complete your Santa.
 
 
To make placement easy, draw a pencil line for where you want your belt to be.  I also drew in dots for the buttons, but I don't recommend it.  Place the belt and then you can place the buttons easily.


The belt will hang over a bit from the measurements I gave you above.  This way you can trim them off and no matter where you place the belt, you'll have plenty of belt so it fits.  Just use your paper snips and you'll be all set.

 
I stamped "believe" from hostess set "Good Greetings" - available only through the month of October, so contact me for details!  Then I used one of the tags from the Curvy Keepsake Box Die, added a little bling to dot the "i" and tied them on with some ribbon.

 

Thanks for looing in today.  As you read this, I'll probably be off crafting with my team and a lot of other crafty women with my upline Lorri Heiling.  If you are reading this before 7 a.m. Arizona time, then I'm probably still sleeping or traveling to Starbucks on the way to the Holiday Extravagana!

Remember  - today is World Card Making Day - make some cards and enjoy the day!  ALSO - be sure to check out the sale on my website during World Card Making Day - special prices until Monday - October 6th with our Stamp, Stock and Save Sale.

Happy Stamping!
~ Donna

2 comments:

  1. Donna, this Santa is adorable!! :) I love it! It was so nice sharing the day with you! Thank you for making today brighter by attending the Holiday Extravaganza - so cool that it was World Card Making Day as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lorri! It was very nice coming to your Holiday Extravaganza today. It was awesome as ever! Loved all the projects so much and can hardly wait to show them off.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors