Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Watercolor Winter

A while ago at our Excite and Unite event we went to in Tucson, each Demonstrator there received our very own Watercolor Winter Simply Created Card Kits.  This weekend I opened mine up and boy oh boy was it fun!


The kit comes with enough supplies to make 20 cards: 5 each of 4 designs. The kit includes 20 card bases; die cut accents and background pieces; 20 envelopes (10 Coastal Cabana / 10 Crumb Cake), linen thread (although it looks more like Very Vanilla bakers twine to me), sequins and a watercolor brush.

All you need is stamps, ink, adhesives and a couple of tools. 


By mixing ink refills with a little bit of water, you can quickly color the trees, sleds and letters.  You'll want to do your coloring first so there's plenty of time to dry, but honestly, it dries very quickly.


The best way to assemble the tree to the glimmer paper is with our little glue dots.  The liquid adhesive worked well, but the glue dots were so much better!




You may notice the stamps I used  aren't the stamps shown in our Holiday Catalog (page 37), but I used what I had on hand.  Came out pretty good if I do say so myself.


I'll be sharing more cards from this kit this week.  For those of you that are local, I'm going to do a card class with this kit the first weekend in December.  Watch for more details soon and if you are interested, please let me know.  This will have to be a pre-paid class so I can pre-order the kits in time so they don't end up on backorder.

Thank you for looking in today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors