Monday, October 6, 2014

Lorri's Holiday Extravaganza 2014!

On Saturday, over sixty ladies gathered to enjoy a day of crafting with Lorri Heiling (my amazing Upline!).  We had so much fun going to 12 different tables (hey, that's like the 12 days of Christmas!) making some really great cards and gifts.

Today I'm sharing two of them and will be sharing more over the upcoming days.  I was only going to share one, but I can't decide on a favorite!  I loved ALL of them!

Lorri cut the letters out using her Silhouette, especially since she had 60 plus sets to make!  You could certainly use our Little Letters dies (133730) and do the same thing on a smaller scale than 60!

We tore a piece of Whisper White card stock to make the edge look like a snowy landscape then sponged the torn edge with Soft Sky Ink.  We also sponged the tops of the letters.  The snowman is made with the 1" Circle Punch (119868) and 3/4" Circle Punch (119873), his eyes are punched with the tiny dots from the Owl Punch (118074)and a hand cut "carrot" for his nose. 

Brittney from my stamping group added the hat to her snowman so I just had to CASE that idea and put one on mine.  It really does make the card even more adorable!  Thank you Brittney for the great idea!!

The top of the card is from All is Calm Specialty Designer Series Paper (135823) and the added snowflakes are from Frosted Sequins (135835).  His neckwear and hat brim are decorated with Cherry Cobbler Bakers Twine (123125).



The 2nd Snowman Card was made from a template that Lorri had ready for us to trace and trim.  Yes ladies, time to fussy cut, but it was an easy fussy cut!

The eyes are from the Cupcake Builder Punch (121807) and his Soft Sky buttons are from the Owl Builder Punch (118074).

Take a tip from me... attach the face pieces first.  The card on the right was the first one I made and I started with the buttons.  Bad plan, they were too high!  Always good to learn from someone else's mistake, right?
 
 
The DSP is also from All is Calm Specialty paper (135823) and is just perfect for snow, don't you think?  The ribbons is 5/8" Organza Ribbon (114319).  So pretty!
 
Thank you again to Lorri and her amazing talents of putting this all together.  One of these days maybe I'll take on the challenge!  That would be great fun, on a much smaller scale, of course!
 
Thank you for looking in today.  Come back tomorrow for more of our fun creations.
 
Happy Monday!
 
~ Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors