Saturday, December 17, 2011

Santa Gift Card Holder - Punch Art

For those last minute gift cards, I have the perfect little gift giver - Santa!

I found this adorable idea on Penny Thomas' blog.  She has some wonderful ideas there and I just couldn't help but CASE this one.  I did make a couple of changes in punches used but it looks good to me!

The really cute part about this, besides the adorable Santa that is, is that you make the card holder out of a white envelope. 



Recipe:
Paper: White Envelope; Cherry Cobbler - 4 X 2-1/2; Silver Glimmer Paper - 3-3/4 X 2-1/4; Old Olive - 3-1/2 X 2; Cherry Cobbler - 4-1/4 X 2-1/2 (to go inside the flap for you to attach the gift card with a glue dot); Whisper White scrap; Cherry Cobbler scrap; Pink Pirouette scrap; Silver Glimmer scrap; Basic Black scrap
Stamps: Four the Holidays (116921 wood only); Tags Til Christmas (120847 w / 121169 c)
Inks: Old Olive; Cherry Cobbler
Miscellaneous: Glue Dots; Scissors; Large Oval Punch (for his face); Wide Oval Punch (for his hat and rim of hat); Owl Builder Punch (for his eyes and nose and for the hat "puff"); Bird Builder Punch (the wings of the bird for his mustache); Ornament Punch (for his beard); Tombo Multi-Purpose Glue; Stampin' Dimensionals; Big Shot Machine; Snow Burst Embossing Folder; Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder; 1-3/8" Square Punch; 1-1/4" Square Punch; 1" Square Punch; Old Olive Polka Dot Ribbon - 15" long.
 
Something to remember when you punch out the bird wing for the mustache, turn the paper over so the emboss is the same on both sides of his mustache or you'll have one that's "backwards".
 
I hope you like this as much as I did.  Thank you to Penny for such great ideas!!
 
Only one more week until Christmas!!!
 
~ Donna

5 comments:

  1. Now that is just the cutest thing I've ever seen. Makes me want to hop up & grab my punches! Thanks for sharing, and please bump this up for next Christmas?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know!! I just love them. I gave them to the boys tonight with their gift cards and since they are boys, I made sure they knew their Mom made them special for them and they were not allowed to throw them away. LOL

    It's great to see you here posting!

    Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those were a hit for my gift cards this year!! Thank you for making me 2 of them. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those were a hit for my gift cards this year!! Thank you for making me 2 of them. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brittney, I'm so glad they were so well liked! I can't wait to make some others with other themes. They really are an adorable little Gift Card envie.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors