Sunday, January 27, 2013

Make a Wish Window Card

I spotted this card on Angie Leach's blog and fell instantly in love.  It was designed by Darla, from her downline.  I tried to do different colors, but these colors were just so perfect together, I had to just CASE it!

I just love this stamp set - called "Make a Wish" from the Spring Mini Catalog and especially love this particular stamp.  It looks extra nice with direct ink to stamp coloring and stamping.  This set was a gift from my Sweet Upline, Lorri Heiling when I joined her weSTAMP Team in December.  Thank you Lorri!!!

The first one here was my first attempt which didn't turn out how I wanted.  I forgot to take the ribbon into consideration when I cut the Whisper White card stock, so I made it again with a wider cut and also changed the little greeting in the window.



Here is the inside so you can see how the punch works with the background paper.


To line up the punch on the front of the card, first punch out three pieces from a post it note on the sticky part.  This way you can line them up so you see where to punch.  Then line up your punch - upside down so you can see the post-it and then punch it out.

Stamps Well With Others Recipe:

Stamp Sets:  Make a Wish (w-129219 / c-129222) and Pretty Petites* (w-129639 / c-129642)
Card Stock:  Island Indigo, Tangerine Tango, Whisper White
Ink:  Stampin' Write Markers - Island Indigo, Tangerine Tango and Summer Starfruit
DSP:  Sycamore Street DSP * (127540)
Extra's:  Sycamore Street Ribbon & Button Pack * (130812), Curly Label Petite Punch * (129405) and Rhinestone Basic Jewels (119246).

* Indicates Sale-a-Bration Freebies!

Thanks for stopping in today!  

~ Donna



3 comments:

  1. I just love cards that are easy to add that little extra "oomph" to using a punch. Now I'm going to CASE this card from you, lol. Thanks for the great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well shucks. I was sure I had that punch but after checking my rack I see I have a similar larger one, but not this one. Guess I'll have to shop a little more before the Sale-A-Bration ends :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhh, yes, this is a Sale-a-Bration punch! Something you really must have! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors