Monday, March 14, 2016

Fancy Fold Tea

My mother love beautiful teacups and saucers - and now I love them too as they were passed down to me.  When I first spotted the beautiful Birthday Bouquet Designer Series Paper (140557) and the Cups & Kettle Framelits Dies (140624) I knew I wanted to make something beautiful with the two of them together.

Last week I spotted this card on Patty Bennett's blog and fell instantly in love.  Then I read her story that went with it about an antique cup and saucer she has and I had to smile.  I knew I had to make this card.  I made a couple of little changes, but nothing big.  Thank you Patty for sharing - I just LOVE this!


Recipe:  

Begin with a piece of Blushing Bride Cardstock 8 1/2" x 5 1/2".  With the long side across the top of your scoring tool, score at 2 1/8" and 6 3/8".

Birthday Bouquet Designer Series Paper - 5 1/4" x 1 7/8" (cut 2)
Whisper White Cardstock -  5" x 1 3/4" (cut 2)
Stamp the Whisper White pieces with the single flower from Birthday Blooms using Blushing Bride
Using a Sponge or a Dauber, sponge the edges with Blushing Bride.

Attach to the front panels.

Place your teapot framelit and your cup framelit onto the DSP where you want the flowers to be.


Also cut another set in Blushing Bride Cardstock to adhere to the back of the DSP to give it strength.



Patty placed both her teapot and teacup on the left panel, but I wanted mine to open with one on each panel.

Pop them up with Stampin' Dimensionals - remember not to put any Stampin' Dimensionals on the teapot spout or on the left side of the cup... ask me now I know.  :)


I cut a small piece of doily for each panel placing the cup over the right side and a silver spoon using the Cups & Kettle Framelits set.


Inside I used a piece of the Blushing Bride striped paper from the Birthday Bouquet DSP.  Sadly these pretty stripes are on the back side of the pretty flowers used to make the cup and teapot.  I don't think I'd use that on all my cards, because I love the flowers so much, but I wanted something special for inside this card. 


So that I didn't cover up too much of the pretty stripes, I cut the Whisper White Cardstock 2 1/2" x 3".

Here's a closer look at each panel with the teapot and teacup.



Thank you for looking in today - Happy Monday! ~ Donna

4 comments:

  1. Love this card! I had seen Patty's post about her card too. Look at that little tea bag tag with the flower! The doily is a great touch as well as the spoon. I had to smile at the mention of not putting the dimensionals on the tea spout! The striped paper on the inside was such a fun touch! Great card! I am telling Mike not to get me anything for my birthday as I want this bundle! He would never order it for me. Wouldn't be so fun to have matching DP to cups and teapot? Well done my friend!

    Chris R. from Iowa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every time I look at this card I just smile. I love how beautiful it is in real life. I can see me making a couple of more, but mostly one for my Mother-in-law for Mother's Day. She will love it. I need to find something matching to go with it, like a teapot made out of the Curvy Keepsake Box. Oh, now I have to work on that tonight!

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this card!
    Mary F.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Mary! (thanks for testing the posting program too!)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors