Friday, March 4, 2016

Tri-Fold Flowering Wildflowers

Today's card is so colorful and beautiful and can be used for so many occasions.  I spotted this on Brenda Quintana's blog.  I changed up the colors and the specific DSP page that she used and sentiments, but the measurements are all Brenda's.  Thanks Brenda!


Start with a piece of 11" x 5 1/2" Whisper White Thick Cardstock.  The regular Whisper White works, but the thick is sturdier.  I only had one sheet of thick (until Mr. Brown shows up tomorrow!), so I made it both ways.

Using your Simply Scored Scoring Tool (122334) lay the long edge across the top and score at 4 1/4" and 7 5/8".  If you are using your Stampin' Trimmer (126889) you can score at 4 1/4" then flip the paper over and score at 3 3/8" to end up with the same measurements.  

Turn the card so that the largest section is to your right.  Cut a piece of DSP 5 1/2" x 1" and adhere it to the far right edge.

Choose three colors from the DSP that you want to use on your panels.  I chose Blackberry Bliss, Old Olive and Calypso Coral. Using the Tags and Labels Framelits (138282) Choose the two largest ones - that would be one from each of the two stacks of frames.



To save on waste, cut your colored cardstock at 2 3/4" x 2 1/4" and Whisper White cardstock at 2 1/2" x 2".


On the Whisper White Cardstock, stamp one of the flower stocks from Flowering Fields (wood - 141300 or clear mount - 141303) one of the FREE sets available during Sale-a-bration!  Match the color ink for the stamp to the color cardstock.


Stamp your sentiment in the matching color below and lined up across all three panels.



I've made one more card with a different sentiment, but I can't share it until the recipient receives it!  She peeks in her when her health allows and I don't want to spoil her surprise!  Tee Hee!

Thank you for looking in today.  Friday is finally here!  Enjoy and Have a Great Day!  ~ Donna

2 comments:

  1. This is fun! Love the cheery colors and flowers. Fun folds are always an attention getter in my mind. Who thinks of these ideas? Boy, we could have a lot of fun with different sentiments and different papers. I just thought that since there are 3 panels for a birthday you could put balloons on one, cake or cupcake on the other and the third the confetti paper with the word = fun over it or congrats or anything. There are also candles I guess that could go on there and use the confetti for the far right piece since it is so fun. Oh, lots of ideas to explore. Thanks Donna. I will troop over to Brenda's blog to see what she has. Have a good weekend!

    Chris R. from Iowa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The possibilities are absolutely ENDLESS with this one. If I wasn't using the flowers in this theme, I think I would have made it with balloons for the birthday one and possibly the cake. There are sooooo many things to do with this.

      I love Brenda's ideas when she shares them. Talent surrounds us for sure!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors