Thursday, July 21, 2016

Sunshine Wishes Flowers

Before I show you today's cards, I have a question for you all.  

Does anyone else have trouble making that first, very first, cut into brand new cutting plates?  They're so pretty and clear, not to mention see-thru, it's hard to put that first scratch on them.  I hope I'm not alone here.  LOL


. . . and it's done.  First cut, now I can continue.  Kind of takes your breath away, doesn't it?


I CASE'd these from Connie Babbert's Inkspired Treasures.  I changed them up a little as far as the placement of the leaves and I added a stem to the first one.  Her idea was just so pretty, I couldn't resist them.

Although you can't see it in the pictures, I painted Clear Wink of Stella onto the petals and the centers.  So pretty in person.




Recipe:

In Color Bases - Flirty Flamingo / Peekaboo Peach - 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", scored and folded at 4 1/4"
Whisper White - 5 1/4" x 4"
Pop of Pink Designer Series Paper - 2 1/2" x 4"

Die cut two of the large flower from Sunshine Wishes Thinlits with matching cardstock to your base color.  Trim off the stems and place them together on your paper.  Don't attach them until you see where you want you leaves.

Die cut the same flower again with Cucumber Crush, then cut it down the middle to make two leaves - an extra for another card.

Die cut the small flower, the same one I used in yesterday's card.  I think it's more of a butterfly, but I suppose it could be a flower too!  :)

I topped off the center with White Perfect Accents.

Then stamp a sentiment of your choice.  I used Sunshine Sayings, Friendly Wishes and Layering Love.





Thank you for looking in today.  Happy Thursday, or Friday Eve as I like to call it to make the week sound shorter!  ~ Donna





Product List

2 comments:

  1. To stem or not to stem, that is the question!! I am not sure which I like the best! I saw Connie's card and really liked it and then yours too! I am not sure which is my favorite and oh I wish we could see the sparkle. A little butterfly would look cute on there too. Well done my friend.

    Chris R. from Iowa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll probably be making more of these. Easy to cut the flowers out and have a bunch of them to play with during t.v. time with the hubs. Love the way the color pops up off the black background.

      Thank you Chris for checking in!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors