Friday, August 24, 2012

Perfectly Preserved Window Card

I really like the Perfectly Preserved set from the Holiday Mini.  It's a great stamp set all by itself, but it's even better as a bundle with just the right set of Framelits to go with it.  Save 15% by purchasing the Perfectly Preserved Bundle (w-129943 / c-129944) which gives you the Perfectly Preserved Stamps and the Cannery Set of Framelits Dies.

This card is CASEd from Julie Davison (thanks Julie!)
who CASEd it from a swap at this year's Convention.  I just had to give it a go myself.  I made a couple of little changes of my own which makes me love it even more!

The jar is cut using the framelit die through the cardstock and the DSP (see inside).  I stamped the jar onto our clear Window Sheets (114323) and then sandwiched it between the cardstock and DSP.  Before you put the clear sheet in place, stamp the apple on the inside of the card to make it easier for lining up and to be sure it shows through the jar.

The different things I did from what Julie did was to cut two of the jar tops, one for inside and one outside.  I didn't like the way it was showing the backside of the jar inside the card.  The other difference was using the cross-stitch DSP on the upper part of the card.




Stamps:  Perfectly Preserved Bundle (w-129943 / c-129944) Stamps and Cannery Framelits
Ink:  More Mustard, Raspberry Ripple, Black Staz-On
Cardstock:  Lucky Limeade, Very Vanilla, Early Espresso, Window Sheets
DSP:  Orchard Harvest (126895)
Cool Tools:  Bitty Banners Framlits, Small Oval Punch, Linen Thread, Stampin Dimensionals

Thank you for looking in.  I hope this inspires you to try something fun with the Window Sheets.

Happy Stampin'

~ Donna

2 comments:

  1. Really gorgeous! I just love that stamp set.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do too and I've seen SOOO many cute ideas with it. I can't wait to find some time to play with it some more... after the election next week. :|

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors