Monday, November 24, 2014

Curvy Turkey

This cute little Curvy Turkey isn't for Carving, just for enjoying.  I had to think up my own feathers here since I didn't have the Four Feathers and Feathers Framelits Dies (Bundle: w-137629 / c-137630).  So looking through my punches, I noticed my Bird Builder Punch and thought the bird would make some decent tail feathers.

What do you think?  His feathers look a bit ruffled, but that makes perfect sense since Thanksgiving is just days away.  He's probably pretty nervous, even though he's totally safe here (unless the cats take off with him!).

 
To cover his bum (and the view of where all the "feathers" come together), I punched a 2 1/2" circle of Chocolate Chip and attached it over the back.

 

His topnotch is the leaves from the Bird Builder punch.  I put glue on one of the leaves (behind his head where you can't see it) and along the stem and it fit perfectly to the curve of the head which was punched with the 1 3/8" Circle Punch (119860).

His wattle is the bird wing, but not the whole wing.  Just "wing it" and punch as much as you like to get the look you want.  That's what I did.  :)  I had cut his beak and punched the whites of his eyes are the middle size circles from the Owl Builder Punch (118074)

I hope you enjoyed my little Curvy Turkey. 

Don't forget to check out the awesome deals on the Online Extravaganza!  You won't want to miss out!

Thank you for checking in today!  Have a fabulous Monday. 

~ Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors