Monday, November 10, 2014

Project Life - Scrapbook With Me

I'm still up to my ears in election returns from last Tuesday's election, but I wanted to share this great post from the Stampin' Up! blog.
 
I hope you will give Project Life a try.  It really is a FUN and FAST way to preserve the memories hiding in your boxes of photos and those photo's on your camera's and iPhones.
 
Project: Change My Scrapbooking Life
from stampin' up! blog
 

Project: Change My Scrapbooking Life

I like making scrapbook pages . . . but I only spend a few days a year doing it. And I take photos pretty much every day. Soooooo it doesn’t take a math genius to realize that I will never “catch up” on my scrapbooking.

Ever since Stampin’ Up! announced its Project Life line, I’ve wondered if this might be a good solution for me. So this weekend, I put it to the test. I grabbed a stack of adorable photos from fall 2007 (I mentioned that I’m behind, right?) and Stampin’ Up!’s Seasonal Snapshot Project Life Accessory Pack and Seasonal Snapshot Project Life Card Collection. I sat down and started playing . . . and in about half an hour I had an adorable layout that I am super proud of!

Brandi_crbblog_1
Here’s how it works
  1. Choose up to 10 photos for a layout.
  2. Pick page protectors that will work for your photos.
  3. Lay photos on page protectors; add cards in the open spaces. (I waited until I liked how they were arranged before sliding everything in.)
  4. Journal and accessorize!
Will I do this again? Absolutely! And I’ll be even faster next time. Now I could complete three or four layouts an hour.
Brandi_crbblog_3

I left my work station ready for this weekend. I left the lid off of my card pack and just put my stack of photos inside. Everything is safe and ready for me to come back to. And now that I know the system, I may even finish up my 2007 album this way.

One thing I am excited about is that these pages can go right in to my existing album, mixed in with my traditional scrapbook pages. They all fit in the same 12" x 12" binder.

Who else is a Project Life newbie? What tips do you have for me?

Happy memory keeping!
Brandi B.
Curriculum Developer & Trainer

Supply List:
Seasonal Snapshot Project Life Accessory Pack (item # 135832)
Seasonal Snapshot Project Life Card Collection (item # 135830)

Love Project Life? Click here to enter the Project Life by Stampin’ Up! giveaway!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors