Saturday, December 31, 2016

Wild About Flowers Retirement Card #2

This card was for Linda and I have to say, it was a big hit!  I admit, I really love how it turned out.  The coloring on the boots was SO SIMPLE using our new Watercolor Pencils (available January 4th).  Oh my goodness, this was so easy and look how pretty and rustic they came out.

I stamped the boots from Country Livin' with Soft Suede and then using the Early Espresso watercolor pencil, I just colored where the shadowing lines are on the boot.  Then gently using a Blender Pen smoothed out the pencil marks using a circular motion.  Added a little more where I wanted it a little darker.

Next, stamp the boots again onto a post-it note and trim just around the top of the boot, leaving the rest of the post-it whole so that the stems/leaves stay "inside" the tops of the boots.  The stems are stamped with Old Olive and the flowers with Real Red.  The stems and flowers are from Wild About Flowers.

Recipe:

Soft Suede - 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", scored and folded at 4 1/4"
Pacific Point - 5 1/4" x 4"
Whisper White 5" x 3 7/8"

Ink:  Soft Suede, Old Olive, Real Red



Here is a peek at all three.  Tomorrow I'll share the details on the last card you see at the bottom.


Happy New Year!


2 comments:

  1. Fabulous! You didn't even use water color paper either! I love the boots shading and the flowers are just so fun. What a great job you did! She will love this card.

    Chris R. from Iowa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chris. That's the great thing with the watercolor pencils, no need to use water or the watercolor paper. They work beautifully with the Blender Pens. I have to say I love them!

      She did love the card!

      Happy New Year!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors