Thursday, May 4, 2017

Carousel - Just Because

This set was made just for a friend of mine in Ohio.  If she checks my blog, she'll know who I mean!  Are you out there GreenKYiiis?  If so... watch your mailbox!

When I saw this set, Carousel Birthday (retiring), in the 2017 Occasions Catalog, I immediately thought of her and knew I had to make her a card.  Her birthday is later in the year and this set goes away, but I'm thinking I'll make another card for her with this set, since it is a Birthday Set.


The "just because" comes from Tin of Cards (retiring).  I wish we had more "just because" stamps because I think it is the perfect sentiment for no reason at all, don't you?


Recipe:
So Saffron - 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", scored and folded at 4 1/4"
Bermuda Bay - 5 1/4" x 4"
Designer Series Paper - Cupcakes and Carousels 5" x 3 3/4"

Very Vanilla - Die-cut with the largest Stitched Shapes Circle
Early Espresso - Die-cut with the largest Scallop from Layering Circles Framelits

Ink - Early Espresso
Watercolor Pencils and Blender Pen
Wink of Stella - clear on the horse / gold on the pole


Don't forget to dress up the inside (and your envelope - which I forgot to get a picture of!)


Thank you for looking in today.  If you'd like this set, you can still purchase it as stamps will continue to be made until the middle of May, but then when they are gone, they are gone.

Happy Thursday - and May the Fourth Be With You!

~ Donna


1 comment:

  1. Fun card and it is always fun to get a card, just because! Your coloring is great and is so much fun with the background paper. I am sure your friend will love it!

    Chris R. from Iowa

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors