Monday, May 15, 2017

Home Sweet Home

My oldest son and his girlfriend are getting ready to move into a new (to them) house.   Tonight I will be going out to dinner with them for Mother's Day and I'm so excited to get to see the new house.

They just got the keys on Friday, so when I was looking through my emails on Friday, I had one from Brenda Quintana and guess what!  It was a HOUSE!  Well, a Fancy Fold that turns into a house.  How perfect is that?  So of course I watched her video and made one for the kids. 


I checked out the pictures of their home and it is a light gray (Smoky Slate) with a little bit darker roof (Basic Gray) and perfect white window frames (Whisper White).  Well, that makes it easy!  Oh, and the door is black (Basic Black).  I had to add a little bit of color and made the banner over the door with Dapper Denim.


Now, their home isn't a two-story and I suppose I could have just done a single here with only two windows, but I just liked this version so much, I had to go with all four.

I think if I were to do it over, I would add lines to the roof with the line stamp from the set used to make the house - which is Sweet Home and the Thinlits are Home Sweet Home.


I plan to do a photo tutorial of this, but for now, check out Brenda's YouTube video of how she made 
it.  It really is very easy!  

If you are reading this in an email, you may have to go to my blog specifically to see the video.  Simply click on the name StampsWellWithOthers where you see it in your email. 



Thank you for looking in today!  Have a wonderful week.


~ Donna

2 comments:

  1. I saw this on Brenda's blog and thought it was very cute. I don't have the framelits but maybe someday. This was a perfect card for your son - what great timing! I agree that the roof needs some type of shingle treatment. I was wondering how the brick embossing folder would look. Anyway, let us know how they liked the card, I think it is so cute! Great job as always. Love that twisty fold too. I made one once in a class and it isn't that hard either.

    Chris R. from Iowa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They loved it! My son is used to me making cards, but now his girlfriend is enjoying them too. I'm hoping to entice her into making some one of these days!

      Their house is so cute. I got to see it last night before we went out for dinner (my late Mother's Day dinner). We were out kind of late, which is why I didn't get a post made last night! :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors