Thursday, December 19, 2019

Tea and Cookies

I spotted this adorable little Tea and Cookies idea on Connie Stewart's blog.  We already had the tea, it is one of my husband's favorites, so all I needed was the cookies!  I recommend buying them at the store.  Some of mine were broken coming from Amazon.  Of course, if they hadn't shipped them with giant replacement batteries for hubby's drill, they would probably have been okay!  Sheesh!




You can get four bases out of a sheet of 8 1/2" x 11" card stock.  

With the 8 1/2" across the top, score at 3/4", 3 7/8", 4 5/8" and 7 3/4"
With the 11" across the top, cut at 2 3/4", then the next piece at 2 3/4" and the third at 2 3/4" and you'll have four strips.

Round the corners with the Detailed Trio Punch:


You will need the largest Stitched Labels Square Die to cut Real Red and Whisper White for inside.  The Real Red goes over the Tea Bag and the Whisper White I stamped with the snowman and placed over the two packages of cookies.

Use the 2nd largest to cut out the poem, which I will be happy to email the document to you, and the Real Red on the front that goes over the Designer Series Paper.  I'd post the document, but I haven't figured out how to add it to this blog!  Anyone know how, let me know!

Use the next smallest to cut Whisper White for the front sentiment.

Designer Series Paper is 2 5/8" x 3"
Ribbon - 20 inches - adhere to the middle of the Designer Series Paper so it won't slip out when untied.

Here is the tea bags  - SO YUMMY - Harney & Sons Hot Cinnamon Spice.  Be sure you have wrapped tea bags.  Harney and Sons also has loose bags.  The cookies are so wonderful.  Be sure to buy extra because you will need to sample them with the tea, ask me how I know!


Stamps:  Snowman Season
Ink:  Pool Party
Designer Series Paper - Let It Snow
Cardstock - Real Red, Whisper White
3/8" Cotton Ribbon - Real Red


Thank you for looking in today and for being patient waiting for another post.  I just haven't had crafting in me after losing our Nike.  Miss that little guy!

Happy Thursday!

~ Donna

5 comments:

  1. I love this project. I saw it on Connie's blog but have not made it. We have those cookies here but they are not individually packaged. I did find them at the PX where Mike works but their package of two was bigger or maybe there are a few more in there. I just know when I measured it, it was bigger than this. This is one of my favorite teas too. Just a really cute project. One I would love to make or receive. I just don't have the time or gumption to try again. Mike has finally been home a week today but it is just such still a long road ahead. I am so sorry for your loss too. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chris. The nice thing with this is it doesn't have to be just Christmas. I'm looking forward to making more for other occasions. My Aunt has a book club that meets once a week and I'm thinking of making some for her after the first of the year for them to enjoy. Just have to write a poem!

      So glad Mike is home and on the road to recovery. You're in our prayers! Hugs!

      Delete
  2. Love this Tea & Cookies "card" and look forward to making some for friends who love tea. Thanks for sharing how to make this cut gift with my favorite tea brand and cookies too! I just have to find them individually packaged to use. GlendaJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Glenda. This tea is so tasty and goes so well with these cookies. It's amazing how good they are!

      Delete
  3. Not cut gift - cute gift - my fingers are not working very well it seems. Thanks again Donna!!!! GlendaJ

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors