Friday, October 16, 2015

It's Boss's Day!

Happy Bosses Day or is it Boss's Day?  I have more than one Boss, so I'm going with Bosses... LOL  Problem is, the more I look at it, the weirder it looks.  

Since Stampin' Up doesn't have a stamp associated with this day, I had to improvise and made it work.  Using Birthday Blossoms, I stamped "happy" from "happy birthday" and then placed scotch tape over "birth" and inked up "day".  Then I pulled off the tape and stamped day a little farther down.

Then, the hard part, I hand wrote "bosses" (thinking now boss's would have been better!) with my Basic Black Stampin' Write Marker.


Inside I stamped "a day all about you" which is part of the stamp set.  It seems to work, don't you think?  


Since I have more than one boss (even though one of them will be out of the office all day tomorrow and next week), I wanted to make a pretty for her too.  Hi Linda, if you're reading this! 


Recipes:

Both Base - Old Olive 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" scored at 4 1/4"

Card 1 (at the top):
Designer Series Paper Stack - Pretty Petals 5 1/4" x 4"
Old Olive - 4 3/4" x 3 1/2"
Shimmery White - 4 1/2" x 3 1/4"

Card 2 (above)
Designer Series Paper Stack - Pretty Petals 5 1/2" x 2 3/4"
Shimmery White - 4" x 2 1/4"

The flowers are stamped on the Shimmery White as well and then colored using the ink from inside the stamp pad of Calypso Coral and our Aqua Pen.  Shimmery White works like Watercolor Paper without being quite as thick.  I don't recommend painting onto our Whisper White, it doesn't soak in well and doesn't look very good.

Pop up the flowers with Stampin' Dimensionals - which can be punched with Pansy Punch.  I hand cut the leaves, but they were very easy to trim out.



Thank you for looking in today.  Have a happy stampy weekend!

~ Donna

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors