Friday, October 2, 2015

Woodland Pines

Today I have a WOW card to share with you that was spotted on Linda Schnabel's blog by one of my regular stampers.  As soon as she shared it with me I knew I had to give it a try.

You won't believe how easy this fabulous technique is.

Simply stamp on the "raised" side of the Woodland Textured Impressions Embossing Folder with your favorite pine trees in Mossy Meadow.  I used "Lovely as a Tree" for mine, but you could use the pines from the Wonderland stamp set.  The "raised" side of the folder is the one where the trees are recessed into the folder.


I really like how it turned out, but thought it might be a little too stark white at the top so I decided to add some sky and snow on the ground.  I used a sponge and lightly sponged some Soft Sky across the top of the folder and along the bottom.  Then I added the tree stamps in Mossy Meadow.


This technique put a little more blue on the tree trunks than I would like, so I think next time I'm going to try using a sponge dauber so the ink only gets on the background instead of the trees.  It still came out looking pretty good though.  I'm very happy with it!


Inside the "snow" card I added some snowflakes and a Merry Christmas to tie it together.


Let me know if you give this a try.  You won't believe how easy it is.  Oh, and be sure to clean your folder in between each time.  I simply ran mine under the faucet and then made sure it was completely dry.

Thank you for looking in today!

~ Donna


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

2 comments:

  1. I love this card and thank you for sharing how you made it. I will try it this weekend!!! Thanks for all you share. Hope to see you soon, Glenda J

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Glenda! I'm so glad you like it. You will enjoy making it and won't believe how easy it is to do.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors