Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Snowy Night Sleigh Ride

Remember to check this week's Weekly Deals Here

Practice makes perfect, or at least acceptable... so, let me tell you what my practice revealed so you can achieve a better look sooner than I did.

Here we have the end result.  Nice snowflakes falling, bright and beautiful, no fuzzies and a beautiful moonlight ride.


Here we have what happens when your White Craft ink pad needs more ink and you don't wait long enough after stamping the trees to put on your embossing powder!

Granted, it makes the trees seem like they are covered with snow, but I wanted to be able to SEE the trees.  So, if this look is good for you, use white embossing powder before the black (memento used here) is dried.


I started with a piece of Whisper White card stock 5" x 3 7/8".  I used a post-it note and punched a 1 1/4" circle out - being sure to punch so part of the sticky part is in the circle.  Lay that on your card stock where you want your moon.  I used Night of Navy with our Sponge Daubers and swirled the ink onto the the Whisper White, careful not to let my post it note come up at all to leave a nice clean circle below.  (** I don't recommend our sponge for this project, the Daubers work so much better.**)

After I had the Night of Navy the way I liked it, I added Island Indigo to give a little more color to the night sky.  Remove the post-it note and sponge the moon with Tangerine Tango and Daffodil Delight.  Play with the colors - find something that you like best.  Each card can be different.  

Stamp the four-tree stamp from Lovely as a Tree, being sure to stamp over the moon a bit.  BE SURE THE BLACK INK DRIES COMPLETELY.

Then, using a well inked White Craft ink pad, stamp stars from Jingle All the Way onto the background where you want them, immediately adding White Embossing Powder.  Tap off all excess powder and heat set with your Heat Tool.

Cut out the Sled and Horse from Sleigh Ride Edgelits and place it over your card.  Remember to place a little glue under the sled and the horse so they stay down as well.


Thank you for looking in today.  

Don't forget the 15% off sale this week!

  

~ Donna


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors