Saturday, February 20, 2016

Celebrate With Cake

This will be the second project for today's workshop.  I just can't get enough of this "It's My Party" Designer Series Paper.  I've been using so much of it, I'm going to need another pack!

Recipe:  Front
Melon Mambo - 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", scored and folded at 4 1/4"
Daffodil Delight (although Crushed Curry is the coordinating color - but I didn't have enough for everyone) 5 1/4" x 4"
DSP - different from the inside DSP - 5" x 3 3/4"
Mat - Daffodil Delight - 3 3/4" x 3 1/4"
Whisper White - 3 1/2" x 3"


I also love the Party Pop-Up Thinlits Dies - they are so much fun!  I know I've made one before with this inside for Brittney's Birthday, but to get my paper to go farther for today's workshop, I made the insert 6" x 4 inches which gives me 6 insides out of each 12 x 12 sheet.  With extra Melon Mambo around the edge, I was able to add the confetti curli's to add a little more.

Recipe:

Melon Mambo - 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", scored and folded at 4 1/4"
Designer Series Paper - It's My Party - 6" x 4", scored at 3" - but DON'T fold it just yet!
Place the DSP on your Big Shot with the Magnetic Plate with the little arrows from "Hip Hop Hooray" pointed at the score line.  
Run it through the Big Shot and cut out the pop-up.  Save the pieces to decorate your card inside.


Fold the insert as shown and then lay flat again.  Add adhesive to the back of the DSP - I highly recommend the "Green Glue" aka the Tombo Multipurpose Glue - this will allow you some slide space.


The last time I used this stamp, I stamped it with Memento Black and colored in the Melon Mambo with Stampin' Write Markers.  I have to say, I think this looks so much nicer!  Stamped with Melon Mambo and the Celebrate is colored in instead, as it is a solid stamp.

I then added the next sentiment with Mint Macaron.



Thank you for looking in today!  I wish  you a fabulous Saturday - do some stamping and have a blast!  ~ Donna


2 comments:

  1. So clever adding the curls of confetti to the corners! I had not even noticed them on the die! Loving the additional part about ice cream and more cake! Too much fun. Your group will have the best supply of birthday cards around! Love the twine for the balloon strings and the little bow. Great job as always. I wish I was there to make this card.

    Chris R. from Iowa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Chris! The girls just left and they all seemed to enjoy the card. I'll be posting an updated picture later of something Brittney did to her card! It came out so cute!

      There some great sayings in this set. So useful for fun cards.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors